Your theme for 2009

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
Halloweennut08
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Your theme for 2009

Post by Halloweennut08 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:36 am

Yeah I will try to post some pics of mine but really looking forward to see how others decorated!!! If you want in the Halloween General section I wrote a topic named A new Concept where we can all put our pics of our indoor and outdoor pics in a fun contest. Check it out!!!!
HALLOWEEN 2011 THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!!!

Rigormortor
Vampire

Post by Rigormortor » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:33 pm

The theme we always do is a big graveyard..... our front yard, we have a 10 X 6 foot spider web I hang on the front porch and put 2 - 2 foot spiders in it and put a strobe light with a blue lens on the porch with the scary music playing. Im Michael myers and my wife is a witch.... we have the fog machines going as well with scarecrows with jason masks set up as zombies around the yard. We have the flickering lanterns lined up on our walkway, they are there year round and I put 2 screaming tombstones at the beginning of the walkway that are motion activated, so you walk bay and they start screaming.... other thins like pumpkins and a coffin that is new for our setup this year.

Halloween_crazyy
Haunt Master

Post by Halloween_crazyy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:46 pm

We always do a different theme every year, but my mom made a mummy/zombie ting a few years ago, and it was pretty cool. One year we had black (fake) crows everywhere (especially creepy for me cause I'm terrified of birds), and it was really cool. :)
H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N !

adrian
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by adrian » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:40 pm

aaaahhhhhhhhh "Birds" creeped me OUT!! no joke! REALLY! i've always had a fear of birds (with the exception of parrots for some reason) i wouldn't hold any bird at ANY pet store lol
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

wendythewitch
Crypt Keeper

Post by wendythewitch » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:52 pm

i use the same theme outside every year, a grave yard in the front yard with ground breakers and tombstones. i have a few signs for the yard and house too.
inside the theme is usually different for each room, this year were doing a funeral parlor in the living room, and autopsy room in the spare bedroom/office, a murder scene in the bathroom and the kitchen is usally just decorated with whatever i have in mind. the basement is where the main party is and this year its a prison theme. ive looked online and found some cool scene setters that would work.. i found one of an executioner and dungeon chains, were building an "electric chair" for photo opps. i think i'll put up a hangmans noose somewhere...

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:55 pm

hang man's knots are so creepy but hardly ever used :) i say throw that in there and that could be used for photo ops too :)

Halloweennut08
Haunt Master

Post by Halloweennut08 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:55 am

After thinking about it I am going to have a real cool looking Haunted Graveyard called Errie Graveyard I have a sign that I bought from Halloween USA last year. With a huge 8 ft tall Entrance arch with a sign that comes with it saying Graveyard. Its going to be real hard to do but I am trying to make a cool authentic Haunted graveyard so 90% still stuff 10% animated stuff to give it a good balance. Plus I will have 3 strobe lights 1 big two mini that I will place I have already 1 fog machine but it is hooked up now to a cool looking corpse that breaks a tombstone and comes out with smoke pouring out of its mouth. Then I would like to buy two fog remote timers and a 1000 watt and 400watt fog machine. and buy to pvc pipes and make both a fog chiller. I think If I can tweak it just right, perfect weather no wind or rain. It will look really cool.
HALLOWEEN 2011 THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!!!

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:36 am

your grave yard sounds intense :) i hope mine turns out as well as yours does :) i'm still debating what kind of theme i want my graveyard to be

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:36 am

your grave yard sounds intense :) i hope mine turns out as well as yours does :) i'm still debating what kind of theme i want my graveyard to be

wendythewitch
Crypt Keeper

Post by wendythewitch » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:51 pm

your graveyard does sound intense. i dont go to that much trouble for the outside because i have so much work to do inside and weather messes up stuff outside too.
ive been wondering, i have a fogger and we usually fog up the basement during the party, but i've found that it makes the room humid and we always get too warm, so i was thinking about having it outside in the driveway during the party so can anyone tell me how well they work outside? we were worried that the wind would just dissipate any fog from the machine.