Getting the kids to sit still during Christmas!

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!

Getting the kids to sit still during Christmas!

Postby Christmas Mom on Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:30 am

My twins are really excited about Christmas, and they can't stop talking about it. Both of them have been looking in toy catalogs, trying to get me to help them look online, and watching commercials to see what the hottest toys of the year are going to be. They've even made a detailed list for Santa Claus, with pictures, the price, and the best places to buy the toys that they want. I have to beg them to sit down and do their homework or talk about something other than Christmas. They're very excited about everything that could be happening.

Last week, one of my sons asked me when they are going to see Santa to deliver their lists. I know that if I take them too early, once they compare lists with their friends or see new things that they want to buy they will insist on seeing Santa again. I've told them that they will get to talk to Santa on December 24. And when I said talk to Santa, I don't plan on taking too rambunctious boys to the mall on the busiest shopping day of the year to wait in line for a long time. Instead, I will set up my computer and have Santa Claus call us. We
Christmas Mom

Re: Getting the kids to sit still during Christmas!

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:16 pm

Christmas Mom wrote: ... Do you have any more ideas on how to bribe them to be good?

Oh, THAT'S RICH!!! This is right up my alley. You tell your boys that if they're not good, you'll tell Santa to send Ol' Black Pete and he'll give 'em nutting but lumps of coal! :wink:

I LOVE the video idea. That's very cute and clever and even though I'm a real romantic for post-war (WWII) generation Christmases, I DO recognise how many cool things there are today.

Ya know... Here's another idea pertaining to your boys... It's not exactly what you asked for but, your story made me think of it...

I had a client who also had twins. Girls. And she came up with this MARVELOUS little idea that when ever they were out shopping, they could touch whatEVER they wanted but, they could only use ONE finger. that way they could get the 'touch' itch out of their systems and Mom would never have to worry about anything getting picked up!

I don't know how old your boys are or if that would work on them but, boy! I wish I had thought of that when MY daughter was TWO!
Ol' Black Pete

Postby Catzilla on Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:21 pm

Hi CM :P
Catzilla

Postby Christmas Mom on Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:15 pm

I like the one finger rule... I try not to take the boys shopping though because I spend so much time trying to wrangle them, it usually takes at least twice as long.

I'm not aboving bribing them to be good (in certain situations of course)!
Christmas Mom

Return to Christmas Thoughts