Ho Ho Ho

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!

Postby patsfan24 on Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:59 pm

the temp is gettin much much lower here and im guessing the first dusting within a week or so hopefully
clark griswald:you didn't have to get us anything

uncle louis: oh damnit he guessed it
patsfan24

Postby GreenElf on Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:42 am

Well I put up a few mini lights in my sons room around his doorway this weekend. HE was so excited. It makes the upstairs look so nice with the glow of the multi colored mini's . This coming weekend I am going to bring out all my rubbermaids of decorations and start putting them around. We are going to wait for a bit before we put our tree up though as I wanted to wait for my baby niece and nephew to take part when they arrive home this December.....
GreenElf

Postby Santa Sam on Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:31 pm

I just learned that we are putting up our tree this weekend! I also am very excited about Friday because we have a day off school. For those who don't know I am a grade 10 kid so a day off is important! Haha! Friday I am probably going to put the lights up and get some decorations out. I will also be watching the chaos that you awesome Americans ensue on bargains on the biggest shopping day of the year! Haha. Keep it safe, and just remember there's still boxing day!
You'll know the way I'm feeling when you love and you lose. I guess I've got the Christmas Blues...
Santa Sam

Postby MHooch on Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:50 am

Well Sam, not all of us go shopping on "black friday". I wouldn't go near a store on a bet!!! I just stay home and eat leftover turkey sandwiches (with mayo and cranberry sauce, of course :D )
MHooch

christmas

Postby chalottehart on Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:46 am

hi, iluvchristmas.

not trying to be rude, but what country are you from?

bye

by the way, i'm new on this website

my name is charlotte hart.
chalottehart

Postby Dudley on Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:57 am

welcome, char...it's a great board to celebrate the season..

still no snow here..with temps heading up to double digits again by the weekend...
Run run Rudolph, Santa's got to make it on time..
Dudley

Postby GreenElf on Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:06 am

Greetings Char, Nice to see you here. Well I have to share, this morning when I left for work the puddles in my yard were frozen... I was temped to run over and crack it with my foot but alas I was running behind and will have to hope that it is still there when I get home tonight..
It's a beaut Clark, it's a beaut!
GreenElf

Postby Dudley on Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:51 pm

Frost.

We have lots of frost and it's cold as heck out there in the morning. You just have to LOVE the schmucks who carve out a little hole the size of a tank visor and then TRY TO DRIVE..

Not cool...saw a couple of near misses on the way home from work. Take the extra 5 minutes and scrape off THE WHOLE CAR, people
Dudley

Postby GreenElf on Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:56 pm

Totally agree with ya there. It's a pain in the A_s, but even though your fingers freeze it is still better to make it there safe and don't hurt yourself or anyone else by looking out of a tiny little hole in a turtle shell of a car. Yeah it drives me nuts to see that.
It's a beaut Clark, it's a beaut!
GreenElf

Postby Dudley on Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:34 pm

we had the first real snow of the season this week. Created a little sand dune shaped thing on the roof of the hopital that I think only I saw or at least dug. Everything was clean and clear and white for the drive in to work, and my son and I did our yearly Chinese noodles thing...where we go to our favorite chinese restaurant and devour a plate of noodles..might even take the daughter and grand daughter and let them in on it tonight..we do the tree at her place, and I found this big black plastic bucket for the rocks and water for the tree today...
Dudley

Postby Dudley on Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:16 pm

Now we're talking..

four or five inches last night..

the snow blows across the roof in white powder outlining the wind currents, a lot like dry ice. Drifts by the side of your car after you leave it for six hours. You have to brush off the car after just being inside the drug store.

But right now, it's as clear and cold as a diamond. the sky is turning a darker blue as the day ends, and the traffic is grumbling along in the winter rush hour motion..my street looked more like a gravel road today then a paved street...you could just make out two faint lines of grey...aside from that, flat white, like an albino pool table, between two rows of trees..time to go home and put on somthing warm on the stove..I have a soup ready..and keep on with CHRISTMAS CAROL..this guy is heading home after being mean to his clerk, but I get the feeling something is going to happen to him..they keep bringing up the fact that Marley is dead..
Dudley

Postby Dudley on Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:33 am

Okay, now we are in high gear.

By "high gear" I mean four feet of snow EASY. We haven't had it this good since '78/'79...if by 'good' you mean having enough snow to make it difficult to figure out WHERE to dump the stuff you are plowing. Walking into work up the path to the ward, the snow was up past my knees. Abandoned cars on the streets coming in. Snow up past the car door where the window ends and the metal door begins. ONE lane chopped through the five foot banks to get out of my parking lot.

CANADIAN IDENTITY LESSON #1. We have donut/coffee chain up here called TIM HORTON'S. An institution. People go there EVERY morning for their daily 'Timmy's fix'. We mailed coupons to the Tims in Afganistan by the 1000's. On the way in, they were parked at the side of the street. The Tims' was totally blocked and folks were walking over a five and half foot snow bank to get in and get the dark water...

Civilization must continue.

The sun is shinning now and the picnic tables outside look like igloos with the snow piled on top of them in a dome shape with a tiny hole in the front. It's still snowing with the flakes coming down at a 45 degree angle and it takes about the count of 'four steamboat' for the stuff to come into and leave my window viewpoint.

I knew it woud be GOOD last night, but not THIS good. Watched the snow come down with the sky looking like a grey track suit reflecting the street lights. Visibility half a city block from five stories up. Thirty feet at street level. We are thinking that at noon the buses might get running again, but don't bet on it. The main highway out of town is closed.

And you know? I couldn't be happier. Everybody relaxes and takes it easy here..we laugh and tell one another our stories about coming into work, about cop cars skidding. About hillbilly neighbours dumping THEIR snow on OUR stairs. My pals in Thaliand called and are in pain..they WANT to see this, and are trying to get someone on line who can show it to them...

It is my delight to be able to share the biggest snow storm we have had in almost 30 years with you..wish you were here.
Dudley

Postby Dudley on Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:29 pm

Exactly one week later, and you would not have known we had the above metioned snow storm in the first place. It's all melted and the weather we have outside if fine...for March..it feels like Easter weather..

this will NOT dampen my Christmas spirit, however, I don't NEED snow to make it...just my family and love..
Dudley

Postby littledollclaudia on Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:22 am

I about had a heart attack last night. It actually got down to 42 degrees!! I live in Southern Cali. We're not supposed to have that kind of weather here! :lol: But I admit it does help to get into the Christmassy spirit.
~On the 13th day of Christmas, my ghoul love gave to me...~
littledollclaudia

Postby MHooch on Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:43 pm

Last two days I have taken the Magic Pumpkin out for top down rides, only now I have Christmas music blasting instead of Springsteen!!! :lol:
"Making Christmas, Making Christmas....."
MHooch

PreviousNext

Return to Christmas Thoughts