Ho Ho Ho

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!

Postby GreenElf on Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:27 pm

:oops: ok after my post last night I had to go down and dig out a few decorations. Nothing too much as my main stuff is really packed in storage but I did have a few things I had picked up yard saling this past summer. Some Christmas tree trays, a angel, a snowman candy dish and snowman ornament... My son wanted me to go and get everything out. He is very much a Christmas person. I say maybe this coming weekend we'll get a few more things out. I did however today on my lunch break go out to the local dollar store and pick up a few cheapy things for his room becuase I thought it would be nice for him to decorate his room a bit...a few lights...window clingy thingys, garland.. I just could resist!
It's a beaut Clark, it's a beaut!
GreenElf

Postby patsfan24 on Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:50 pm

ok get this one, i live in Maine, we are normally covered by this time of the year in snow, but we havnt recieved an inch yet! the temperature refuses to go below 40 degrees and its starting to make me mad, i dont really feel like its time for christmas until i see some snow on the ground. But im ready for christmas so it better snow soon
clark griswald:you didn't have to get us anything

uncle louis: oh damnit he guessed it
patsfan24

Postby GreenElf on Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:53 am

Me too patsfan24, the past two days it has been warm and rainy. The other night we had a wicked thunder and lightning storm too. I love thunder and light but it just doesn't feel right for this time of year... I can't wait to wake up to a white covered lawn!!!
GreenElf

Postby EvilMel on Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:55 am

It's raining here too. I just keep thinking man...if it was just a little bit colder!
EvilMel

Postby GreenElf on Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:04 am

It was just brought to my attention that exactly two years ago today there was a huge snow storm here and the power was knocked out for days :shock: Sounds like fun to me....as long as I was prepared...I am just missing the winter weather soooo much today. A big storm would be nice so I could hide away in my cozy house and read Christmas stories, play music and drink hot chocolate...
GreenElf

Postby EvilMel on Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:11 am

I always totally hoped we'd have a huge snow storm but then when I thought about it...I knew it would be kind of a nightmare for me.

I have a 240g reef tank with a big tang that is like my baby. So having the power go out would totally suck!

I really did need to buy a generator (and probably still do). But we have underground utilities in our neighborhood so my husband says we don't need one anymore. What I would really like (since we are ordering up our own storms) is a hella big snow storm that happens to NOT knock out the power.
EvilMel

Postby GreenElf on Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:42 am

Good idea, a storm big enough that schools and work is closed for a couple days but still get paid for the time off...LOL.. Even though I am not a student anymore but I love getting up early in the morning before anyone else and it is still dark out listening to the radio really low and waiting for the annoucement of ALL SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED then a moment later I would receive a call from work with the same news and just be so excited. Now any other day that I had to go to work I would be able to fall back to sleep but on snow days I am just too excited that a totally enjoy the soft morning and wait for my daughter to run down the stairs in a panic thinking she slept in...me laughing and then I get to break the great news to her...LOl yeah I suppose it is kind of sneaky but it is all part of the fun.
GreenElf

Postby EvilMel on Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:21 am

I am a postdoc here at UT, but this place never closes!!

Don't get me wrong...if there's even a hint of snow all the bread and milk are gone from the grocery store and if it actually does snow then the entire town is like a ghost town, but classes still rage on here.

I wouldn't have to come in though...I have a ton of vacation days acrued.
EvilMel

Postby Dudley on Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:00 pm

we are under an Arkansas weather system right now here in Ontario that is dumping rain on us.

nothing left to do but smile smile smile. the two christmas tapes I made to replace the ones the ex wife and the daughter lost sound good, so I'm in the spirit.
Run run Rudolph, Santa's got to make it on time..
Dudley

Postby pink bat on Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:17 am

My 82 year old Dad asked me why I had to pick yesterday to put up our outside lights :wink: ( the day before it was nearly 80 degrees and yesterday it was in the low 50 s and with 35 mile an hour winds :D ) Well , it felt more Christmas-y to ME ..... Ha Ha
....For the little Teddy Bear..... It is a Happy Day.
pink bat

Postby EvilMel on Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:30 am

I put some of mine up last weekend because it was fairly warm (mid 50s) and I will put the rest up this weekend (I think it's still supposed to be in the mid 50s).

I'm really tired of putting up lights when it's 30 outside.
EvilMel

Postby Winnie Sanderson on Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:25 pm

I can't wait to put up my christmas tree this weekend. I love how Christmas feels.....
Winnie Sanderson

Postby Dudley on Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:47 am

threw on PHIL SPECTOR last night..and this morning over pancakes, it will be the Ventures. as usual my son thought it was too soon. as usual he was wrong, and was into the Ronettes before the album was over.
Run run Rudolph, Santa's got to make it on time..
Dudley

Postby littledollclaudia on Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:11 am

Well, no snow in CA, but very foggy and cold tonight.. Hey, I'll take it.
~On the 13th day of Christmas, my ghoul love gave to me...~
littledollclaudia

Postby EvilMel on Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:19 am

They're predicting snow flurries here on tuesday!

I put up a bunch more lights yesterday, but still didn't turn them on yet. I have yet to finish the wiring for hooking them up to power, but that's today.

My display will look neat in the snow!!

My husband wants me to wait til Monday to turn them on though because that will be the week of Thanksgiving and he's ok with that.
EvilMel

PreviousNext

Return to Christmas Thoughts