Ho Ho Ho

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!

Ho Ho Ho

Postby IluvChristmas on Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:30 pm

Well just 51 days till Christmas

I am brand new to this site and I just love it.

I love Christmas, Halloween and Snowflakes

I don't get much snow in Illinois, but what I do get, I cherish every hour of it.

I love Christmas and the warmth involved in the holidays.

I love the Green and Red decorations and all the lights.

I really love all the Christmas programs and movies.

Well you have it, what don't I love about the holidays. It is a shame it only comes once a year

Everyone enjoy the season while it is here.

Take Care :mrgreen:

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!
IluvChristmas

Postby MHooch on Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:31 am

Thanks, and the same to you. Your enthusiasm is infectious!
MHooch

Postby Santa Sam on Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:37 pm

MHOOCH! YES! This board just got miles better! :lol:
You'll know the way I'm feeling when you love and you lose. I guess I've got the Christmas Blues...
Santa Sam

Postby BlkAsH on Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:40 am

No snow in Illinois? Must be southern IL. :) *who has family in Central & Northern IL*
.:~* ... 'Tis The Season To Be Jolly ... *~:.
BlkAsH

Postby MHooch on Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:38 am

SpookySam, is that you?? :lol:
"Making Christmas, Making Christmas....."
MHooch

Postby littledollclaudia on Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:35 am

The only way I'm getting snow is either traveling to Big Bear or going to Disneyland after the Christmas fireworks show.. :lol: :cry:
~On the 13th day of Christmas, my ghoul love gave to me...~
littledollclaudia

Postby GreenElf on Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:51 am

We usually get a bit of snow before Christmas but in Nova Scotia but I found for the past few years we get the majority of the snowfall in January and February... I'm dreaming of a white Christmas....
It's a beaut Clark, it's a beaut!
GreenElf

Postby Dudley on Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:03 pm

Welcome to snow central WE get snow banks of the stuff..

Here, in Ontario, we got 5 inches outside of Toronto on Friday..we got a bit of a dusting here in London, but nothing to write home about...the nearest Great lake freezes to the point where you can JUMP UP AND DOWN ON IT with all your might and not do a thing..(this tends to freak out foreign residents who expect the ice to break at any second..

Now, NONE of this has happened yet, and the boys in the weather department are calling for a green Christmas..but we will SEE...
Run run Rudolph, Santa's got to make it on time..
Dudley

Postby EvilMel on Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:05 am

man you suck. hah hah. I would love to be somewhere that it snowed a lot.

My husband says I'd get sick of it, but I don't think there's any way I'd get tired of it.
EvilMel

Postby Dudley on Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:44 pm

One of the joys of the snow is seeing it through the eyes of someone new or a child. A doctor from South East Asia sat up with us one night and videoed a snow storm...we're two stories up, and he had a great view..later, he got tape of himself standing in front of a seven or seven and a half foot snow bank..now, the snow bank was from cleaning out the big parking lot, but still, it looked pretty impressive when you haven't seen snow before..he also really dug the red sunsets you get and the way streams would flow after things started to break up a bit..we later got him out in the country and up to his arm pits in a snow bank in a field..showing the effects of snow shoes vs. NO snow shoes..

by February, you can curse it, but there is still nothing like walking through it on a cold morning, on the way to work, before the traffic really starts, and it's like a restaurant before the supper crowd comes in and everything is still new and white and clean.
Run run Rudolph, Santa's got to make it on time..
Dudley

Postby GreenElf on Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:27 pm

Yeah I totally relate to that Dudley! I love the snow and enjoy the tiny bit of flurries these past couple of days. Nothing really amounted but it really makes me excited about waking up to the untouch calm blanket of snow sparkling in the morning light.
GreenElf

Postby IluvChristmas on Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:57 am

41 Days till Christmas

Still of course no snow.

Yes I live in Southwestern Illinois just across from St. Louis

We usually get a dusting now and then, but I love it all the same.

They are talking of a few flakes showing up this week...Can't wait.

Of course I am like a kid in a candy store at Christmas time. I love the new decorations, I buy too much for my small little house ...but what does it hurt...It all looks adorable sitting around my Christmas home...

Just wish it all lasted longer. Oh what the heck, I am just going to move to the North Pole where I can enjoy it all year. :P :mrgreen:

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving...

I Believe!!!!!!
IluvChristmas

Postby Snow-flake on Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:42 pm

I am with ya all the way on loving Christmas. I love how my house feels at Christmas too. I just rearranged all the upstairs furniture this afternoon, and I got some great ideas to decorate my house this year, so I started dragging some stuff out today and put some lights up outside. It takes me weeks...it is so much work, my mom wonders why I start so early, and it is cause I never think I'll get it all done, but I do...some how...but I want it to all be done by the beginning of December, cause I want to just sit back and enjoy it. Then I start baking stuff, and it takes a long time to do everything the way I want it to be. But, I LOVE IT!!!
Snow-flake

Postby GreenElf on Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:08 pm

Well I just arrived back home from visiting my inlaws and anyway it was dark driving back. In the half hour drive to get back home I seen 5 confirmed Christmas trees set up in peoples houses with beautiful lights on them all presented in the front house window. I have to be honest I a bit shocked really. There were even more houses with outside Christmas lights on. It was really nice to see but I have to say it is a bit too early for me and my Christmas tree but I do understand why people decorate for holidays early because for me I decorate for HAlloween in September... Does anyone here have their Christmas tree up yet?
GreenElf

Postby EvilMel on Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:02 am

I don't have mine up. My husband really likes to get it the weekend of Thanksgiving. I am going to see if I can talk him into getting it this weekend though!

It's not too early!! Come on...you decorate for Halloween in September? But not for Christmas til after Thanksgiving? Just think about how much longer you can enjoy the Christmas decorations if you go ahead and get started.

I put some lights up on the house this past weekend, but I am waiting to turn them on til next weekend. My husband wants to keep me from seeming like the neighborhood crazy person. But a girl who lives 2 doors down came and told us we should turn them on whenever we want and to not wait for anyone else. hah hah. I was like "YES!"
EvilMel

Next

Return to Christmas Thoughts