HELP ME!

Are you having a Halloween Party? Discuss ideas here!
auzzie_gal_06
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 9

HELP ME!

Post by auzzie_gal_06 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:28 pm

I am holding a Halloween Party for approximatley 100 kids - ages 4 - 12. I have never auctually celebrated haloween before and I was wondering what are some good games to kepe them occupied? Can you also reccomend some good recipies?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Vicki

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:03 pm

I posted this before, but nobody commented and it got buried, so I copied it....but this should help you...definately play Hot Potato and Halloween Bingo, those are great games for mass amounts of people, and all ages.

We play: Hot Potato...where I pass around a stuffed black cat and play Halloween music.

We play Halloween Limbo, Halloween Twister, Halloween Bingo.

There's a game we have been playing since we were kids. You sit a kid in a chair, and blind fold them. You give them a bowl full of cotton balls, and a wooden spoon. They get 3 tries to stick as many cotton balls on their head as possible...they can't use their hands to hold the cotton balls on the spoon or on their head. They can stop at any time, they don't have to use all 3 tries. The one with the most cotton balls on their head wins.

I am getting a giant container of cheeseballs for the prize for that game.

I give away really awesome prizes. I always make up gift baskets for adults-I usually stick in 2 scary DVDS (Movies)...like last year I gave away Halloween-the 25th anniversary special edition and Nightmare on Elm Street, and I put Halloween microwaveable popcorn packets in, and I got the Movie Theater size candies at the Dollar Tree...like Goobers and Raisinets...and I got a cool Tin Bucket with a jack o lantern face ..to stick everything in.

I have made gift baskets up with all kinds of Halloween kitchen stuff-like dish towels and pot holders and I've put in packets of speciality food things...like cheeseball mixes that might be caramel apple dip mix, and I put in candles.

I do a word scramble for adults. 1 year I did all Horror Movies that I scrambled, and one year I did just things associated with Halloween.

I have a Spider Game that is a ring toss.

I just got the game : "Hangman" It has a plastic skeleton that you use for it.

We play a game where you get a partner and wrap each other in toilet paper. The fastest 2 ...win. I usually give them each a giant Hershey Bar.

We play team games...1 game you have a bowl full of Hershey Kisses (I get the autum colors), and they have to wear a pair of mittens...You have to take out 5 Hershey Kisses, and unwrap them...then pass the mittens to the next person...then they do 5...and so on, the first team done wins.

(I usually give out Halloween pencils as prizes for that)

Then we do a game where they have to pass an orange down the line of people and you can't use your hands. You drop it, you start over.

There's another game where you have a toothpick in your mouth and you pass a life saver to the next person using the toothpick. (I give out a pack of lifesavers to each kid for that game)

I bought a bunch of Sacks that have Pumpkins on them...they are for a sack race....but I couldn't use them last year cause it has to be outside, and the weather was bad...but hopefully we can use them this year.

I have always wanted to do Bobbing for Apples, it just is so messy...and kind of unsanitary...when you think about shoving your head in water that someone else just drooled in. ICK.

I also have a door prize that I draw names for.

We play lots of rounds of BINGO. Only it is called" SCARY" instead of Bingo.

I give away Wal-Mart gift cards for the Pumpkin Catving contes

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:46 pm

ORIENTALTRADING.com

Lots of CHEAP fun games for kids of all ages

Spider Ring Toss -
http://orientaltrading.com/application? ... +TOSS+GAME
Halloween Limbo-

Also you could do face painting - pin the nost on the pumpkin - pinatas

apple
Ghost

Who can help me to get halloween music?

Post by apple » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:06 pm

I want to get Halloween Music or songs for children. Then we have the halloween party .

Who can help me?

my email:

applemsnhotmail@hotmail.com
English@dadikid.com

natureday
Ghost

Post by natureday » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:27 pm

You shoudl dunk for apples that is always fun:)
ANna :roll:
Take a walk in nature today!