Most memorable snow experience......

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!

snow caverns

Postby Santa Baby on Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:02 pm

Christmas Knight wrote:I remember one year back in the late 70's early 80's there was so much snow, that my brother and I were able to carve snow caverns out of the mounds of snow that the plows created in front of the driveways on our street. What fun that was? Boy those were the days, no need to worry about commuting to work in bad weather. Bad weather equaled FUN!
Oh my gosh I remember that I think it was 78! I have pictures of my brother and I doing the same thing tunneling into the snow. Do you have any pics?
I've been an awful good girl,

Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight.
Santa Baby

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:51 pm

I... get it? I wrote:One year, however.... I don't know.... I must've been 13 or 14.... but it was snowing and Mom had set a date to go over to one of her friends house and she wanted all of us kids to go too, being as this friend had kids all our ages.

I thought for sure we were all going to die. So, I just bucked up, was prepared to take it like a man and face the impending doom with dignity. I had Mom take a picture of us all, you know.... our last family photo.... and I brought my drumsticks. It was my way of saying that I was going to die with my boots on!

Ha Ha!!!! I found it! LORD! We're talkin 100% pure top-choice Uber-dork concentrate!

That's Juan, there in the middle.... He was the proverbial 'That 70's Show' foriegn exchange student. Him being there lets me know that I had to be at least 15.

"Last picturrrre" :roll: What a dork!

Ol' Black Pete

OEJ PIC

Postby Santa Baby on Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:18 am

Dork nothing your adorable OEJ!!!!!! Nice picture!!!!
I've been an awful good girl,

Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight.
Santa Baby

Postby kallie0509 on Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:24 am

OEJ, you seem to have had such a great childhood, filled with pictures and great stories. i wish i had that. i came from one of those dysfuntional families. :lol:
kallie0509

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:25 am

Santa baby.... thanks

kallie0509 wrote:OEJ, you seem to have had such a great childhood, filled with pictures and great stories. i wish i had that. i came from one of those dysfuntional families. :lol:

Hun... we ALL did!
Ol' Black Pete

Re: snow caverns

Postby Christmas Knight on Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:05 am

Santa Baby wrote:Oh my gosh I remember that I think it was 78! I have pictures of my brother and I doing the same thing tunneling into the snow. Do you have any pics?

I think I do, I'm going to look this weekend. If I find any, I'll try to take a digital pic of them and post it, since I don't have a scanner.
Christmas Knight

Postby Silver Belle on Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:25 am

THAT'S SO COOL!!! :D A person would never know you thought you were about to die there, Pete :wink: , from the steadfast smile on your face you WERE takin' it like a man! That KISS hat is cool! I like the perspective of the snow falling in the picture too... 8)

CK, I hope you can get that to work, taking a digital camera shot of your picture..I never can. :? But I'd LOVE to see it!
'In the air there's a feeling of Christmas...'
Silver Belle

Postby kallie0509 on Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:39 am

kallie0509 wrote:OEJ, you seem to have had such a great childhood, filled with pictures and great stories. i wish i had that. i came from one of those dysfuntional families. :lol:

did you guys notice, i did it again. :oops: "OEJ" shoot! i can't going back and forth with these darn names. i'm getting very confused!
kallie0509

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:21 pm

Oh Wow! Kallie, that one went right over my head.
Ol' Black Pete

Postby Dudley on Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:38 pm

Three years or so ago, we had a resident in from the Phillipines.

When the blizzard hit, he was up all night with the video camera, filmed everything.

had never SEEN snow before.

At five or six or so, he finally quit, exhausted...but before he went to sleep, he said;'Now when I go home, they will believe me...NO ONE has seen stuff like this."

We got a pic of him outside in front of a ten foot snow bank with our arms around each others shoulders. He is grinning like a loon.

when he got home, the shot of the snow piled in front of one door literally SCARED people...the snow was only six inches, give or take, from totally covering the whole door way.
Run run Rudolph, Santa's got to make it on time..
Dudley

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:10 pm

Sounds like a great pic Dudley! I'm sure we'd all like to see it! :D
Ol' Black Pete

Postby kallie0509 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:49 pm

oh dudly! what a funny story, i love snow so much, but i think that would scare me too. i am very clausterphobic. i would feel very stuck! :wink:
kallie0509

Postby Jadewik on Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:05 pm

I have two snow memories that I love... strangely, they're both also associated with death.

The first was that epic snow Tropic, Utah had back... gosh... +15 years ago. We were there for my great grandmother's funeral... and the "cousins" all got in this HUGE snow-fight. It too was epic.

The second was when I was in Jr High... we flew out to Michigan for my grandpa's funeral. After the services, we went back to grandma's place and built a giant mound of snow and tunneled into it. Before the end of the trip, all the snow melted away except for our mound!
Jadewik

Postby Nostalgiascape on Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:20 pm

Christmas Eve 2002.

The last Christmas I shared in Missouri with family. On Christmas eve came a full and fluffy snow. Christmas morning was covered in white.
Nostalgiascape

Re: Most memorable snow experience......

Postby jollyhelperelf on Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:16 am

Silver Belle wrote:Ahhhh...I do keep dreaming of a white Christmas (sorry Mama Hooch :wink: ), and thankfully there has been a dusting in my area a couple of times in the past on that wonderful day, but I want a Christmas snow that the folks around here will be talking about for 100 years, like 'that blizzard of '93'...yep, in March of that year, my area got 2 feet :shock: dumped on it, with drifts that made our house look like the Overlook Hotel- made me want to pull a Danny Torrence and go out the window to slide down one (well there goes my Halloween reference, but I can't help those- they're in my blood. :D ).

Anyway, it was the best time!! We were out of power for 5 days, but still ate like kings with a fireplace and gas stove (of course, everything was fried, but I am from the South). My best friend drove to my house on bald tires before we got snowed in just so we could be together and we acted just like kids the whole time- we made snow angels, entire snowmen families, had snowball fights..everything was so eerily quiet outside, blanketed by snow, except for our delighted giggling. :D But it was beautiful and peaceful as well. Anyway, by the end, I guess we got a little stir-crazy and stupid, as we confiscated some candles to make Madonna boobs in a 'video' we performed for my parents and brother, to which my dad just :roll: . :lol: It was incredible fun though, and I'll always remember it.

What has been y'all's most memorable snow experience?

I know this thread is really old but I SOOO remember that snowfall.. it was the best!!! I was VERY pregnant and everyone took turns watching me because they were afraid that I would go play in the snow.. so I slept most of the day and when everyone went to bed I went out and played in the snow all by myself.. the next morning I found out that my husband not only watched.. he took pictures that my son laughs at to this day..
jollyhelperelf

PreviousNext

Return to Christmas Thoughts