What was scary to you about Halloween as a kid?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Spooky
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Spooky » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:57 am

I must have missed the repsonse to this one- the song that BlackCat mentioned was the song I remembered. I don't know the other one, but it sounds cool...isn't it sad that kids don't have that any more...I can not stand that 1 person will wreck everything for kids, and keep them from singing stuff like that...at my son's old school they abolished Halloween parties- they replaced it with a fall Harvest party, where you can dress up as a scarecrow...which my friend said how dumb is that...because if your kid wants to trick or treat...then you need to get 2 costumes...one for the scarecrow and one for regular.

I feel like this about everything out there...if you don't want you or your kid to participate in things like Halloween- then take your own kid out of school that day...you don't have the right to tell everyone else they can't do it...that's up to them...I do not ever understand why schools cave in to people who ruin all the fun for people...that's probably what happened with singing Halloween songs..someone probably got all weird about them, so they quit...now kids have nothing. I think...what memories are they going to have that they can pass on to their kids- what do kids today even do for fun? Play Video games and Text message each other- what happened to raking all the leaves in to a big pile and jumping in them?

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:51 pm

TEACHER. What the heck are you dressed as??

KID. I'm a scarecrow!

TEACHER. Scarecrows don't wear capes, they don't have fangs and they certainly aren't dripping with blood!

KID. Mine do.

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:03 pm

I don't think I was ever scared of Halloween as a kid. It always represented great fun to me. However, there was an abandoned house in our neighborhood which really look scary on Halloween. We never walked past the house without seeing something odd in those windows that would vanish when you took a second look. Scary stuff as a kid.

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:27 pm

The dark used to frighten me sometimes as a kid because I had (and still have) a very overactive imagination. The only things that used to really freak me out still DO to this day.....................

Clowns :shock:

And skeletons that have eyes.

So, so wrong.

ooga_booga
Haunt Master

Post by ooga_booga » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:04 am

I was never scared of halloween as a kid (quite the opposite really) but for some reason I was terrified of cartoon zombies-the zombie from the living book "Harry and the haunted house" scared the <deleted> outta me :lol:
Yes I was a very weird kid.
Serial Thread Killer.

Catzilla
Haunt Master

Post by Catzilla » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:45 am

Probably going to the haunted houses that were put on by local business's. :shock: :)

brimac35
Zombie

Post by brimac35 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:17 pm

I have always loved everything about Halloween , but when I was young we lived way out in the country . Across the road from our house was a very old cemetery , real freaky .
Thursdays , I never could really get the hang of Thursdays .

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:10 pm

Hell, EVERYthing scared me when I was a kid! Trains, tall buildings, mechanical grocery store horses.... I was truly a strange little kid. Truly.... just about everything freaked me out in one way or another.

I remember, I had to have been around 6 or 7, my parents took my sister and I to OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry), pronounced, ahm'-zee. We bought the tickets and no sooner did we get in when I noticed.... IT! Just inside the front door, around the corner to the right stood this gigantic, walk through human heart! It stood about 15 feet high and it had everything a normal human heart has just HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE and to complete the HORROR, you could even hear the thing beating.

Well, I was NOT going to have ANY part of THIS!!!! I totally freaked out! So much so, that we had to leave. Well, all the grief I received from my Dad for wasting the money to get us in was far better than having to get any nearer to that monstrosity!

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:50 pm

That babysitter needs a good kick in the a$$!!! How awful for a little 5 year old. :evil: The only time I can remember being afraid during Halloween was during the scare about sharp objects in candy. I remember feeling kind of shaky thinking someone would deliberately hurt kids. I'm still cautious with my own kids but not as paranoid.
Don't drink and fly...

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:58 pm

magickbean, I totally relate....clowns creep me OUT!!!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus