Beetlejuice

Talk about television shows, movies, music and more!
LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Beetlejuice

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:13 am

I just found out that a local theater is showing this movie for free on October 26th! This theater was closed down and almost demolished but many people donated and now it is being restored. I can't wait!!
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

Spooky Sam
Crypt Keeper

Post by Spooky Sam » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:50 am

That's awesome! I really wish they'd do something like that here! Hope you have fun!
Do I SCARE you?

ZOMBIES!!!
Zombie

Post by ZOMBIES!!! » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:11 am

That's awesome. I just watched beetlejuice this past weekend, I hadn't seen it in sometime, I forgot how good Michael Keaton was.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:04 pm

Brought it in to work last week and got a laugh from it..great great film, and the movie that made a star out of Winona Ryder..go ahead ladies..repeat along..'because I am strange and unusual..'
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

MWRuger
Vampire

Post by MWRuger » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:43 pm

She is strange and unusual. I always thought it was Edward Scissorhands, another Tim BUrton film that made her marketable.

Danny Elfman who has performed scoring chores on most of Tim Burtons, film offers a very nice mix of frenetic paced music that is from his early Dark/Bernard Herrmann period with calypso of all things.

Nice visuals that really show off the quirky style of Burton and also giving Michael Keaton a showcase for acting over the top.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:55 pm

so I'm out driving today, and the theme for Beetlejuice comes on, and all I can think of his this orange Volkswagen of Hooch's bombing down the street, with the theme blasting out the speakers and the rustics running scared in all directions. And it cracked me up! So I'm sitting there at the light, bopping along to the music and laughing and the guy beside me just LOOKS...now this sort of thing had happened before when I had a comedy tape in once, and the person beside me was a blonde, and I was laughing my head off and she LOOKS and I point down to the radio, and she gets this EXPRESSION ON HER FACE..totally misunderstanding what I was pointing at and starts to get on the cel phone and all I could think about was the headlines as I die in a police shoot out she sets up thinking I was some sort of perv.
So THIS time I don't point, just smile and keep bopping.
Life ain't easy for Uncle Tor

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:52 am

The vanilla people don't get it. My guy and I listen to our horror soundtracks all year long. And yeah, we get those looks too. Meh, they will never understand, which is fine with me. Makes more fun for the group here. :D

It was funny, though. I was dressing like Lydia before the movie came out. I've always been a freak like that. Back then, NO ONE knew what gothic was. :SIGH: Now it's just another fashion excuse. GRR But I love that movie!! My guy and I are planning on dressing as Beetlejuice and Lydia from the wedding scene when we go. Just need to find him a tacky blue suit. Goodwill, Salvation Army, here I come!
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:53 pm

angel face, I can save you a few bucks..you can RENT the thing for practically nothing is some places that specialize in tuxedo rentals for lounge groups, polka bands, that sort of stuff...a call to one might hip you to the best prices..my Baby Brother did it one year. He was a musician was able to borrow a VERY close version of the tux for nothing from a family polka band I will HAVE to tell you about sometime..

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:20 am

That's it, uncletor, I'm going out and buy the soundtrack to Beetlejuice TOMORROW!!! I get some great looks in that car, anyway, can you just imagine with that music blasting...LOL :lol: :lol:

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:25 am

Well I just got back from the long weekend and I have to say that I was watching one of my old VHS tapes I had HAlloween specials taped on from years past. I watched about 5 Beetlejuice cartoons with my kids. I forgot home much I loved those cartoons....
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:43 am

very cool cartoons..and Canadian, I might add..
I have never been able to track down a yes or no to this rumor, but the story goes that Winona has a reasonable collection of the stuff, including the toy car, if memory serves, as a sort of reminder as to just how WEIRD fame can get..
I like that.