Favorite costume of all time (so far)

Chat about your costumes
mummynuts
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by mummynuts » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:46 am

Forgot to add, my hubby said I should be 'the Mummy' but we didn't have enough bandages for my bump! :roll:

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:01 pm

This may sound stupid but it was my most origional....I was a got milk? add person.

I painted a milk stain on my lip and wore a got milk shirt with black pants. THis was of course back when those ads were popping up everywhere. Sounds kind of stupid now - and I wouldnt really say it is the best of all time but definitly the most creative I have done.

RandomOne
Ghost

Post by RandomOne » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:53 pm

My best costume ever was..........when i dressed as a K-mart shopper!!!

i had just come home from the store, and i stoped to get the mail. My friends house is right behind the mail boxes, sooooo i went back into the car emptied out the K-mart bag and ran to his house. i knocked siad the usual "trick or treat" got my candy and went home.

later that day we all went around the neighborhood to trick or treat. All of the people where asking "what are you supposed to be?" i simply answered "i'm a k-mart shopper" they just laughed and gave me candy

Fun times :D

thislazylife
Haunt Master

Post by thislazylife » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:02 am

My best costume, by far, was a coupla years ago when I was Elliot with E.T. on his handlebars. I started with handlebars from a MX bicycle, bungee corded a milk crate to them, and made an E.T. head out of a gallon milk jug turned sideways. I painted it brown, stole some eyeballs out of those dangling eyeball joke glasses, and glued them to the milk jug. Then I wrapped "E.T." in a white towel, donned a red hooded sweatshirt, and walked around holding the handlebars in front of me. I received many a compliment that Halloween, both on originality and how good it turned out.
Then my friend Joey got all drunk and punched E.T., ruining him. So I did the natural thing and called Joey "penis breath."
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

oopsi8abug
Ghost

Post by oopsi8abug » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:28 pm

I have two favorite costumes.

The first one was a Charlie Chaplin costume. I was about 25 and tending bar at the time. I made signs that resembled silent movie dialog so I could speak as little as possible. The signs had some of my regulars names on them so I could say "Hey Joe! The usual?". It was pretty funny. And nobody knew it was me.

My other favorite was a bowling trophy. I found an old bowling shirt and a little skirt, bowling shoes, wig, etc. and spray painted them all gold. Then wore gold tights and painted any visible skin with gold makeup. I got a pickle bucket and covered it with faux wood contact paper then glued a little gold plaque to it. I found a rubber ball about the right size and glued it to a bowling glove. Then I stood on the bucket in a classic bowling trophy pose.

Both costumes won prizes and were really fun.
"Curiosity is the cure for boredom. There is no cure for curiosity." -Dorothy Parker

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:00 pm

Welcome to the board! I've just gotta tell ya...I LOVE that nickname, very cute and creative!

oopsi8abug
Ghost

Post by oopsi8abug » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:30 pm

thanks ;)
"Curiosity is the cure for boredom. There is no cure for curiosity." -Dorothy Parker

Bafa
Crypt Keeper

Post by Bafa » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:58 am

I had children dumbstruck with a simple pair of Bubba Teeth. I dressed up in a flannel shirt and a ball cap and put the teeth in. When children came to the door I would hand them candy and say "Don't forget to brush your teeth!" I remember several of the children were just frozen for a moment before they could look away. One little girl never moved a muscle, just frozen staring at my teeth. The little boy she was with had to pull her away after I handed out all the candy, and even then she backed down the steps still looking.

Also I showed up to the hospital "fall festival" and they were serving hot dogs in the food line. I slipped my teeth in and when they servered me my hot dogs I asked if they had any tooth picks. OMG it was all I could do not t o fall on the floor laughing. They had been trying so hard not to look at me directly in the face because my teeth looked so horrible and real. They thought I was going to move on down the line, but I hadn't tortured them enough, so I thought up a reason to hang around longer. So I asked for a toothpick and they started to stutter that they didn't have any. At that point I sent them over the edge and said, "I need to find something to use as a toothpick, when I eat hot dogs they get stuck between my teeth." Thats was all I could could take. I could no longer conatin myself and started laughing. They came from around the table to smack me and laugh. So much fun.

I dont have a picture of me wearing the teeth, but I did take a picture of my son's elmo wearing them so you get and idea of what they look like.