Our big Christmas Present came early!

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!

Our big Christmas Present came early!

Postby SWC on Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:32 am

I was naughty today, but I couldn't resist.I got my hands on some Christmas cash and I didn't know where to start. But you should always go with your gut. And my gut told me that the puppy I've been waiting to find was in the classifieds NOW. So I looked and sure enough we found our Rosco. I knew it would happen when the time was right. And everything just worked out perfectly today. I planned it for so long but it all happened so fast! Mr. SWC is slowly coming around. He only saw the pup for a second or two before work. Once he gets a load of this puptastic goodness he won't be able to resist.

I really wanted to have him before Christmas, and now he's here! We can hardly believe it. My little girl has never had a puppy. we have an older dog who's about 8 or 9, she was a rescue about 5 years ago..so she was nowhere near puppyhood. She is in absolute love. Ok me,too!

In these little bric-a-brac, a secretis waiting to be cracked

These dolls and toys confuse me so, confound it all, I love it though.
SWC

Postby Holly Cl'Oz on Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:08 am

Oh him so CUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!

Is he an Australian Shepard?

What kind of doggie is he?

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christm'oz
Holly Cl'Oz

Postby kallie0509 on Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:02 am

oh SWC i love, love, love him! he is so cute! i just want to squeeze him (not too hard though) :lol:
kallie0509

Postby SWC on Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:29 am

Thanks you guys! We just love him. He woke us up bright and early this morning.

He is a 7 week old Australian cattle dog/ Australian shepard mix. His parents are both registered farm/working dogs. I've wanted a pure ACD for months now, but every now and again I see such cute acd mixes that I decided maybe I didn't need a purebred. This guy is going to be sooo handsome when he's older.

SWC

Postby Christmas-Lover on Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:45 am

Aww so lovely :D
Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.
Christmas-Lover

Postby Holly Cl'Oz on Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:19 am

SWC wrote: This guy is going to be sooo handsome when he's older.

Oh he is, he IS!! He's going to be gorgeous!! And probably barrels of fun. I watch these guys on Animal Planet all the time and they are a riot in the agility competitions. Does he have a name yet or have I missed it?

Holly Cl'Oz

Postby Snow Faery on Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:23 am

Awwwwwwwww he is sooo cute!! *melts* I'm so broody for pets at the moment hehe
~ What's this, what's this? There's magic in the air... ~

Snow Faery AKA Magickbean ;)
Snow Faery

Postby hollybell on Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:45 am

He's beautiful. glad your christmas came early. What a present! He is sooooooo cute. (((new puppy)))

Lol,

Marti
hollybell

Postby SWC on Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:16 am

Thanks guys!

Holly Cl'Oz wrote:
SWC wrote: This guy is going to be sooo handsome when he's older.

Oh he is, he IS!! He's going to be gorgeous!! And probably barrels of fun. I watch these guys on Animal Planet all the time and they are a riot in the agility competitions. Does he have a name yet or have I missed it?

Holly, I know what you're saying. They amaze me, too. I love a working dog! Have you ever heard of Skidboot? (rip <3 ) he was quite the celebrity around here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4VMntSUskg

He is what sold me on an acd, hands down.

For Christmas I plan to get my daughter some training courses for them to take together, and we most definitely plan on doing agility! I asked the lady I got him from if it would be okay to bring him out to her farm now and again so he can herd- she said she was positive that her husband would love that.

He's so smart! I can already tell, he catches on quickly. I'll take some new pics after I get batteries. We just bought both dogs new Christmas collars, he's adorable!

And his name is Rosco. I knew him and his name long before I knew "him"..if that makes sense. When I picked my daughter up from school and told her we had to go out of town to meet a lady, she demanded to know what was up. I confessed that we were going to look at a pup and she squeezed my hand and said "Do you think it's Rosco?" I told her I didn't know- we'd have to see. As soon as the lady took him out of the car and set him down my little one dropped to her knees and hugged him saying "it IS him, Mom, it's Rosco!" :lol:

SWC

Postby Catzilla on Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:42 am

Cute as can be. :wink:
Catzilla

Postby Christmas Knight on Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:41 pm

Very cute in deed. Congradulations on your new edition. :D
Christmas Knight

Postby Holly Cl'Oz on Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:28 pm

YES!!! I do remember Skidboot! I remember him from Pet Star. I'm sorry to hear that he's gone now. He was such a special soul. :cry:

Holly Cl'Oz

Postby SWC on Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:31 pm

Thanks you guys, we're so pleased he's certainly settling in fast! My daughter said it's like he's always been here, and I think the feeling is mutual.

Tonight the neighborhood hawk was eerily hanging around in our backyard tree, I'm a bit too scared to let him out unsupervised now. :? I'd have never even thought of the hawk trying to get him. Grow, puppy, grow!

new pictures! He's much cleaner now that he's bathed. :D

Holly, I don't know if you watched that video, but we watched it again today and I cried like a baby at the end. He certainly was loved by many- but none come close to the adoration his master had for him.

SWC

Postby Holly Cl'Oz on Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:43 am

Of course I watched it!! I can imagine how it must have been to lose such a good friend. I'm still reeling over the loss of our kitty.

Anyhoo, your Rosco is sooooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!!

Holly Cl'Oz

Postby I B Freezin' Wolfman on Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:10 am

What a charming little dude you got there. Beautiful coat. Very distinctive. Definatly like to see a few pics of Rosco in a few months as he grows. How big do you think he'll get?

I got a dog too. Her name is Molly. She's a Bichon Frise but we don't have the traditional cut for her. She's just a fuzzy lump of lovin'. She's 10 yrs. old.

We purchased her from the Humane Scociety, Mom picked her out. She is already housebroken, is very well trained. Sits quietly, loves to be petted. Enjoys looking out the window and barking at anything and anyone who walks through the yard. Affectionate, doesn't chew anything. I dare say she's perfect. And we haven't had to train her one bit.

We've been very watchful of her. and we take her to the vet for the slightest problems. She broke a toe, a couple months ago, and we brought her back every week to see how she's doing, and to change the cast if needed. She's been a wonderful companion. And I was lucky enough to become her friend/master, when my parents decided to move. So I became her owner. She's never given me any problems.
45 }*-{)}

Lumps of Coal = 01
I B Freezin' Wolfman

Next

Return to Christmas Thoughts