A Story

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!

A Story

Postby Santa Baby on Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:44 pm

Just wanted to share a little story with you

I always loved the look of the Christmas tree all lit up with lights I would lay on the floor and look up through the branches (like most every other child does). We had one Christmas tree and it was in the living room and at night when I went to bed I actually missed the tree.

So many December mornings my Mother would find me asleep under the Christmas tree in the morning. So I guess I was about 10 or 11 years old my mother bought me my own tree

a small little one like 2.5 feet tall, a small box of 35 lights, a box of mini ornaments and some garland. I loved it so much and would fall asleep every night staring at the lit tree. As I got older say 15 I bought my own decorations for my bed room and put lights in my window and decorated my little room like you would the house. It was so special to be able to do that.

When my own niece turned 10 that is what I bought her. Her own Christmas tree and ornaments. She now lives in a Dorm at NYU and her little tree is with her.
I've been an awful good girl,

Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight.
Santa Baby

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:18 pm

That is a VERY heartwarming story!!! I have something a bit similar about decorating my room with lights and the whole nine yards. It's one of the stories I'd planned to tell sooner or later when I came onto the board.

Thanks for sharing that sweet story SB!
Ol' Black Pete

Postby Christmas Knight on Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:25 am

That's a great story SB. I can't tell you how many times I've laid on the floor beneath a Xmas tree and looked up into the branches. It's a magical experience. Thanks for sharing.
Christmas Knight

Postby Snow Faery on Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:32 am

Aww Santa Baby that is so sweet! I have been in love with Christmas trees since I was a little girl and although I bought my own 1st Xmas tree from the shop I used to work in last year, my mum gave me a box of decorations - she had split our special traditional decoration collection in half, so that I have one angel of a pair and she has the other. That way our trees match, even with 50 miles between them :D
~ What's this, what's this? There's magic in the air... ~

Snow Faery AKA Magickbean ;)
Snow Faery

Postby hollybell on Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:39 am

That is so sweet i think that it's neat that your niece has her tree with her at college. Thanks for sharing. It put a big smile on my face.
hollybell

Postby Christmas-Lover on Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:46 am

adorable :D
Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.
Christmas-Lover

Postby SWC on Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:25 pm

I love laying under the tree. And that's such a sweet story, thanks for sharing.
In these little bric-a-brac, a secretis waiting to be cracked

These dolls and toys confuse me so, confound it all, I love it though.
SWC

Postby kallie0509 on Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:45 pm

that is just the sweetest story. you must love christmas alot! when i was little, i would sleep under the tree too! my mother thought that i was wierd. she just didn't understand how those beautiful lights made me feel inside. :D
kallie0509

Return to Christmas Thoughts