Coolest Christmas Present or Presents You've Given

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!

Coolest Christmas Present or Presents You've Given

Postby Holly Cl'Oz on Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:22 pm

I pride myself on giving good Christmas presents. It's fun to think up that special something and hunt it down and I have a strange knack for remembering what people like and collect and whatever.

Last year we gave a Jim Shore nativity angel and that went over really well.

The other two in most recent memory were my gift baskets. When I can afford it, I looooooooooooooove making gift baskets. Love it, love it. It's one thing I'm almost good at. One year I made OBP's sister a Christmas toiletry basket with soap, and nail polish, and a scrubbie, bath and beauty items all Christmas themed. I wrapped it all up with basket wrap and a bow and it was really pretty. The other gift basket was a romance gift basket for OPB's brother. We got one of those personalized romance novels (those things are too funny), and we got wine and chocolate, I forget what else but we made it all pretty and it turned out really cool. *sigh* They seemed to go over pretty well too.

I know it's supposed to be the thought that counts but I sure like to put on a good show!

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christm'oz
Holly Cl'Oz

Postby Jack Frost on Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:31 pm

I once saved up for about 6 months and got my wife a guitar she really wanted. I had to wake up in the middle of the night on Christmas Eve to go out to my car and sneak it in so she would see it next to the tree that morning with a big red bow.

My wife would tell you her favorite is still the first gift I gave her under a street lamp in the snow one Christmas before we were married, a special pin that she loves to this day.

Although this year I already gave her a new iPod for Christmas and she is loving it!

She hates to wait.

:lol: :lol:
Jack Frost

Christmas presents

Postby Santa Baby on Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:50 am

The very best Christmas present I ever gave was about 10 years ago, I scrimpted and saved all year long I made a down payment and then made payments until it was all

paid for, then on Christmas morning I gave my Hubby a small box...like the last little one

he missed. He opened it and it was a Mickey Mouse date book and written in there was the Vacation to Disney World we would be taking in February to stay at the Port Orleans.

That was the best and most exciting thing I had ever done...
I've been an awful good girl,

Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight.
Santa Baby

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:57 am

Ya know.... This thread just exemplifies the whole meaning of Christmas in the spirit of GIVING! Leave it to Holly to come up with a thread like this!!!

I love you Holly!!!
Ol' Black Pete

Postby Holly Cl'Oz on Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:05 am

*sniffle* choo. I love you too!

Holly Cl'Oz

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:18 am

Lord! :roll: Choo yoo too, hummy. Now knock that off. Remember this is a public forum!!!!!!!!!!
Ol' Black Pete

Postby Holly Cl'Oz on Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:17 am

You started it. Now stobbit. :wink:

Holly Cl'Oz

Postby kallie0509 on Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:43 am

OBP and Holly, you guys are so precious! i hope that one day i can find the love, happiness, and giggles that you guys share! :)
kallie0509

Postby LawP on Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:29 am

My in-laws live three houses down from me :roll: and I kept having to borrow things like sugar, flour, eggs, milk, etc. because my memory is like a colander and I kept forgetting what I needed at the store. Anyway, last Christmas I decided to make my mother-in-law a gift basket containing brand new packages of all the things I had borrowed over the year. I included a gift card from the grocery store for those items that were perishable and also wrote her a little poem. She loved it! Holly, I also love making gift baskets! You can personalize them, theme them, whatever. And, if you're a frugal shopper they don't have to cost that much to make. Great thread Mz Holly! :wink:
LawP

Postby Holly Cl'Oz on Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:49 pm

That sounds like a great idea for a gift basket! I'd love to post pics but no one ever saw fit to give me any pictures of my work. :evil: I'll have to root through some borrowed photos here and see if I can find any. I love making baskets. I made a really cool Wicked themed one for a friend of mine but it's not Christmas so I'll not post pics.

Holly Cl'Oz

Postby dobtia on Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:20 pm

I have gotten pretty decent with the baskets in the last few year. My wife I do baskets for all kinds of stuff.

My best present has some back information. My wife is from Canada. She moved to Texas and we were married in early December of 99. We meet online and she was always my angel. I saved and saved, and got her a nice crystal with an angel carved in it. It was top notch. She cried when she opened it. I always remember that day when I look that the angel.
dobtia

Postby Holly Cl'Oz on Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:30 pm

My wife is from Canada. She moved to Texas and we were married in early December of 99. We meet online and she was always my angel. [/quote]

OPB and I met online too! Funny how that works out, isn't it? And since he didn't post here, I guess I must do it for him. He gave me the coolest present. Knowing that I love Oz and Judy Garland, he found a Christmas broadcast of the Wizard of Oz from 1950 with Judy Garland and a couple of Judy Garland Christmas songs and made me a CD. He went all out with the packaging. He found a winter pic of Judy Garland and spent a lot of time coloring it for me and he put photos on the CD. He can elaborate more if he wants, but that's the coolest present OBP has ever given.

Holly Cl'Oz

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:12 am

Holly, It's not for me to say just how "cool" a gift I give is or not. I gave it a lot of thought and yes, a lot of love went into it. But you know me.... I'm not one to brag like that. I love that you loved it and still do. Mission accomplished.

hehehe.... I was pretty cool thought, wasn't it!

Remember this....? It was my first computer animation...... ever! Ever! :wink:

Ol' Black Pete

Postby Holly Cl'Oz on Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:54 am

*sniffle* *sniffle*

Holly Cl'Oz

Best way to get exactly what you want

Postby markharoundtheworld on Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:53 am

Saw this site and thought it was really clever - helps you tell your friends/family what you want for chrimbo! http://www.rude-elf.co.uk

Mark
markharoundtheworld

Next

Return to Christmas Thoughts