How many Trees do you put up?

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!

How many Trees do you put up?

Postby Santa Baby on Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:11 pm

I usually have Two trees one in my living room and one in my dining room.

Here is a pic of 2005 Dining room Tree...I will post one of my Living room when I can find it lol

I've been an awful good girl,

Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight.
Santa Baby

Postby Christmas Knight on Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:38 pm

Santa Baby, what a great picture. I love the table setting, it goes very gracefully with the tree. Very nice. :D

Unfortunately, I only put up one tree. :(
Christmas Knight

Postby Silver Belle on Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:02 pm

That is a beautiful tree and setting!! I've been sitting here watching the snow fall around it. :D The lights reflecting off everything is cool, too..

Yep, we only decorate one tree too....the kids have a small one in their room every year as well, but I don't know if that one counts. :)
Silver Belle

Postby LawP on Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:47 pm

What a lovely tree and dining table setting! Santa Baby, you are a very talented decorator. I have a pre-lit tree year round in my bedroom, one in the kitchen, one in the livingroom, and a little one on a table top...usually wherever I can find space. :roll:
LawP

Postby kallie0509 on Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:25 pm

i put up just the tree in my living room and a little 3 footer where-ever i can find a place and santa baby, that tree ROX!
kallie0509

Postby Holly Cl'Oz on Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:27 pm

One tree so far. I plan on eventually having a year round Oz tree. I've always wanted a tree for the dining room table. Very elegant.

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christm'oz
Holly Cl'Oz

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:01 pm

What a beautiful tree! The table. The settings... VERY nice!
Ol' Black Pete

Postby Catzilla on Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:52 am

Yes...very nice indeed. :P

Right now just 1 tree, but 3-4 in the future. :D
Catzilla

Postby Dudley on Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:07 am

beautiful decorating and place setting. Christmas card picture quality. Very very nice.

Every year I make a pinata the shape of a Christmas tree out of paper mache. Stuff it full of novelty items and the kids get to bust the thing open..the pinata is about three, three and half feet high..

Old family reciepe that my uncle created...he brought the pinata idea back from Mexico and created a glossy surface rather then the traditional fringe thingy. He made REALLY hard core ones...the kids could smack it with a Louisville slugger for HOURS and just make the outer layer a little dented. Mine only stand up for maybe half an hour.

I usually start the thing about right now..ordered the novelties yesterday...should be in town the first week of December.
Run run Rudolph, Santa's got to make it on time..
Dudley

Postby Silver Belle on Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:33 am

Hey Dudley, that sounds like a very entertaining Christmas activity for the kids, a pinata..good for you, for putting so much effort into giving them a great time! (Pleased to make your acquaintance, by the way, I see you've been here for a while and I'm pretty new...but can't wait to get to know some of the older members of this Christmas forum. :) )
'In the air there's a feeling of Christmas...'
Silver Belle

Postby kallie0509 on Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:27 pm

dudley, that sounds like awesome fun! do you think that you could maybe post a 'how-to' for your pinata?
kallie0509

Postby toy lady on Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:00 pm

Hello everyone,

I love your tree & place settings!!!! I put up 3 trees one in the front room one in the family room & a small tree in the dining room. I love the holiday's but I miss my mom alot!!! She died last year. Ok I'm going to change subject before I start to cry. So do you do theme trees we do a kids tree a white tree & a multi color tree. One year I did a Mardi Gras tree very cool. I gotta go shopping!!! Toy lady
toy lady

Postby EvilMel on Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:10 pm

What an awesome tree!!!
EvilMel

Christmas tree theme

Postby Santa Baby on Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:52 pm

toy lady wrote: So do you do theme trees we do a kids tree a white tree & a multi color tree. One year I did a Mardi Gras tree very cool. Toy lady

The tree in the dining room is a Victorian Tree with all white lights and the tree I do in the living room is more of a traditional. all kinds of colors and ornaments and colored lights. It holds 4 generations of ornaments from both myself and my husbands family as well as the special ornaments we give each other every year!

Dudley I love the pinata idea! It sound great do you have any pictures you could share?
I've been an awful good girl,

Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight.
Santa Baby

Postby Christmas-Lover on Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:01 pm

we usually have 4 trees :D
Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.
Christmas-Lover

Next

Return to Christmas Thoughts