Do You Have Any Grinch's In Your Family ?

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!

Do You Have Any Grinch's In Your Family ?

Postby Catzilla on Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:54 pm

I do....I keep & enjoy the holidays just like when I was a child...my brother & sister in which I am ''bass ackwards'' from are not close at all.

They look at life almost as a business, I'm the eldest, but the youngest at heart by far ! :P

How about you ?

:? :)
Catzilla

Postby I B Freezin' Wolfman on Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:01 am

Both my sister & brother in WA. are the biggest Grinches I know. Every year I bust my brain to figure out the best gift for them. What do I get? Not a phone call, not a card, not a gift. ZILTCH!

So that's what their getting from me this year. A big fat donut hole!

My other sister, in IL. Does christmas in a big, big way. She's generous year round, she's kind, thoughtful and too cool for words. She puts my other sister & my only brother to shame.

My parents always do up christmas right. But this year, their taking a vacation to visit the Grinches in WA. I can't wait to hear about their trip.
45 }*-{)}

Lumps of Coal = 01
I B Freezin' Wolfman

Postby Catzilla on Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:11 am

I can tell ya this Wolfie...I ain't doing a *** thing for my bro & sis, I have went years & years trying to get through to them, it's always the same. :?

We play a full contact charity football game every year to help the less fortunate children in the area & according to how many tackles I get or SACKS in general is what I tally up in $1.00 pledges.

I ask my brother 3 years ago to pledge some $ to me & he told me to go ask a church ! LMAO

What ? Are you serious ?

Anyway....man, I'm glad I have my heart, mind & spirit cause my bro & sis are LOST imo, my mom is amoung them, but not quite as bad.

I live 300 miles from all of them & would not have it any other way if that's how they choose to live. :D
Catzilla

Postby I B Freezin' Wolfman on Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:07 am

I don't know about you CZ. But I think my brother & sister are just tightwads. My sister spent the majority of her young adult life in college, to become a professor in the arts. She teaches High School. And she treats me like I'm one of her students.

She actually thought that taking a double amputee, (me) hiking in the mountains was supposed to be good for me. At the time, I just got my first prosthetic foot, for my second amputation and I am just starting to learn to walk again. So, naturally, the first thing I want to do is fall off Washington State. She was so angry with me that I didn't want to go trampsing through the forests.

But, you know? She hikes to the crater of Mt. St. Helens every year. She has the ability. And I'm truely happy for her. But she has no idea what it takes to get through therapy and learn to walk twice.

My brother is just a plain deadbeat. Spent a lot of time in a christian college, learning about the bible. But he also like to think that there is aliens on our planet, in goverment positions, He's devorced twice, has children from the second marrage and is trying to get out of alimony payments.

He met his current, (third) wife, on-line, ran the car that my parents gave me, into the ground. Bought his own vehicle, got into an accident, and used the insurance money to buy a computer. Meanwhile, my dad has to drive him to and from work, until he finally moved to WA.

Think I want to move to WA.? I'll take my chances with the hurricanes.
45 }*-{)}

Lumps of Coal = 01
I B Freezin' Wolfman

Postby Holly Cl'Oz on Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:19 am

Oh lordy, soooooooo many Grinches out here. And I'll have to leave it at that. Cuz I don't know who may be reading this board and I might very well get whupped upside me head if I say any more, but yeah. Grinches abound here.

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christm'oz
Holly Cl'Oz

Postby EvilMel on Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:50 am

My ex-husband was a real holiday grinch.

I had to get up on the house and put up the lights by myself every year. If I hadn't wanted a tree we'd never have had one. In addition, he would constantly squash my holiday bubble with his negativity.

So...he's now an EX-husband! hah hah.
EvilMel

Postby mama2taj on Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:26 pm

its oposite for my family. They can be grinchs all year long but on Christmas they are all so happy. I love it.
mama2taj

Postby kallie0509 on Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:06 pm

my baby's daddy is a real grinch all through the year, every day of his life! :evil:
kallie0509

Postby Catzilla on Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:43 am

All the more reason to spend your time here with us Kallie ! :P
Catzilla

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:26 am

I'll second that, Cat!

Ol' Black Pete

Postby Christmas Knight on Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:13 am

Yes, every family has its Grinches. :( In mine, it is my Dad. I remember when I was a kid and my brother and my mom would spend christmas eve with my grandparent (His parents), he would always go to his room and go to sleep. I guess some people are like that. Believe it or not, I have seen a small change in him since my Mom died. Since she was so into Christmas, I guess he feels closer to her by participating in the holidays.
Christmas Knight

Postby Catzilla on Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:18 pm

Well, that is indeed a blessing even though it be small change. :)
Catzilla

Re: Do You Have Any Grinch's In Your Family ?

Postby jerseygirl13 on Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:42 am

OMG, YES. MY DAD. All he does throughout the entire holiday season is complain about... everything Christmas-related, from decorations to music. He's so grouchy! :roll:
I told him he should tone it down though because of his 1-year-old granddaughter (my brother's daughter) who was only 2 months old last year and this will be her first "real" Christmas, I guess.
And he's not just a Grinch; he's got Scrooge in him mostly. I actually tell him he's the non-existent lovechild of Scrooge and the Grinch! :lol:
jerseygirl13

Postby Thom on Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:51 pm

In my close family fortunately I would say none of them are real grinch's. Though I'd say an uncle and some of my cousins are, but I don't see them often enough for it to be a bother! Some of my friends certainly are however. So of course I do my best to instill in them the Christmas spirit, and it is now part of the yearly tradition that come around October time I start to annoy them!
Thom

Postby snow moon on Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:29 pm

my grandfather is the Grinch in my family he complains constantly about everything from the music to the decorations and even the weather he never has a tree at his house or any other decorations :(
Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind.
snow moon

Next

Return to Christmas Thoughts