Home for Christmas

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!

Home for Christmas

Postby I B Freezin' Wolfman on Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:57 pm

My parents are going to Washington State for Christmas. Their going to visit my Brother & Sister & their families. I will be home, here in Florida. Without any family, for two weeks.

The last time I was away from the family for christmas, was when I was in the navy. We were overseas, and I couldn't get leave. That was in 1983. I don't know if I'm going to be even celebrating Christmas at all. I got some friends, but I don't know if I'll be asked to join them and their families.

Kind of a bummer. :?
45 }*-{)}

Lumps of Coal = 01
I B Freezin' Wolfman

Postby EvilMel on Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:43 am

I'm sure you'll be asked to join in...as long as they are real friends.

I am not sure what I'll be doing...but I'll just be happy it's Christmas...no matter where I am.
EvilMel

Postby Silver Belle on Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Well Wolfie, I hate to see your plans are up in the air for the holidays, hopefully some of your friends will extend an invitation! If you weren't about 10 hours away from us I'd love to have you over for dinner at our house. :D
'In the air there's a feeling of Christmas...'
Silver Belle

Re: Home for Christmas

Postby Jack Frost on Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:47 pm

I B Freezin' Wolfman wrote:My parents are going to Washington State for Christmas. Their going to visit my Brother & Sister & their families. I will be home, here in Florida. Without any family, for two weeks.

The last time I was away from the family for christmas, was when I was in the navy. We were overseas, and I couldn't get leave. That was in 1983. I don't know if I'm going to be even celebrating Christmas at all. I got some friends, but I don't know if I'll be asked to join them and their families.

Kind of a bummer. :?

Do your best, not sure about religious affiliation here but like Lucy advised to Charlie Brown, "What you need is involvement." Maybe do some work with a church or charity. Buy a bunch of angel tree angels and get some kids a few gifts.

And then there's booze... :wink:
Jack Frost

Postby I B Freezin' Wolfman on Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:49 pm

Booze is not the answer. I'm not going to throw a "Pity Party" for myself. I'm sure I can find some other way that I can "DO" Christmas, without resorting to anebriation.
45 }*-{)}

Lumps of Coal = 01
I B Freezin' Wolfman

Postby Jack Frost on Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:52 pm

Just remember, sobriety is for quitters.

I'm kidding.
Jack Frost

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:00 am

"sobriety is for quitters"

THAT is RICH!!!!

Hey, I go to AA meetings to thank everyone for leaving more for me!!!
Ol' Black Pete

Postby I B Freezin' Wolfman on Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:03 am

@ Jack Frost:

I do realize that. And I love to party as much as the next guy. But I save it for parties. Not just because it's the week end, or a game on TV. I need a good excuse. Feeling lonely or down, isn't a good enough reason for me. I just wanted that to be clear. That's all.
Last edited by I B Freezin' Wolfman on Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
45 }*-{)}

Lumps of Coal = 01
I B Freezin' Wolfman

Postby Christmas Knight on Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:03 am

OBP.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Christmas Knight

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:33 am

@ Freezin': (by the way, that @ thing is a pretty clever tactic)

I really don't think Jack was directing that particular statement AT (@) you, rather I saw it as just beeing funny..... besides, we're beyond that now....

You wanna know the REAL reason I got fired? When my boss asked me to work over time, I demanded time and a fifth!
Ol' Black Pete

Postby Holly Cl'Oz on Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:11 am

OBP, don't tell people that! crimany. DISCLAIMER: that's not why he got fired. :roll:

Anyway, wolfie, I haven't had x-mas with my family in 5 years since I've moved from Ohio to Oregon. Last year my Dad up and moved to Fl so now it's even worse. I'd always planned to go home one Christmas and now there's no home to go to. I do want to go back to Ohio one holiday though. My brother is there and I loved the gift shops. Anyway, point is, I know how you feel. It stinks to be away from family at this time of year.

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christm'oz
Holly Cl'Oz

Postby MHooch on Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:38 pm

Maybe I should post this in the 'what do you want for Christmas' thread, but....

What I really want for Christmas is for my brother-in-law (who I love like a brother) to come home safe and sound from his tour in Iraq. Having Doc HOME for Christmas would be the BEST!!!!
"Making Christmas, Making Christmas....."
MHooch

Postby Catzilla on Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:49 am

Well, I can say I have seen hard times in more ways than one.

I'm a very hard minded / driven person...my mom, bro & sister all basicly think that the holidays are a hassle.

I simply don't fit in, therfore we keep the holidays within just the immediate family and to be honest we are all so different that I don't miss them at all, not one bit. :?

We are happy, we go shopping, love the scenery & ya da* right we act like children & get lost amoung the magic....we always will. :P

We start today as a matter a fact..today is our daughters birthday !

http://www.panthercoalition.com/showthread.php?t=2963

Everyone have a wonderful weekend ! :P
Catzilla

Postby Holly Cl'Oz on Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:38 pm

ohmygawd!! Catzilla!! Your hat!!!!!! OBP has a colts one. Yes he wears it. Yes, he wears it in PUBLIC. He gets many comments on it.

Anyway, I don't have a home for Christmas anymore. I'm really wanting to go to FL to be with my family this year. I haven't had a holiday with them in 5 years and they're only an hour away from the happiest place on earth and that's somewhere that would really do me some good right now.

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christm'oz
Holly Cl'Oz

Return to Christmas Thoughts