Christmas Traditions

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!
angelpugs2
What is the highest number?: 10992

Christmas Traditions

Post by angelpugs2 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:01 pm

Always nice to share the holidays with friends online to be able to share your traditions as with me it's a nice cozy family christmas with the woodstove going and that smell of balsam in the air as we just enjoy our family time together and if there's snow we build a snowman or do snowangels which we girls get back inside to finish our dinner.After dinner we'll have coffee and sit around and talk while listening to Bing Crosby,Dean Martin all our favorite christmas songs then later on go for a sled ride with the kids in the evening it's sitting with the lights out and watching the tree just making another christmas memory together.
alberol_573.gif
alberol_573.gif (50.96 KiB) Viewed 546 times
Keeping that christmas spirit all your life through.

Bishop1954

Re: Christmas Traditions

Post by Bishop1954 » Thu May 10, 2018 9:02 am

Christmas is that special time for traditions and family. Unfortunately, my family is small and spread out. But it does not stop the magic and the wonder of the season. Among my traditions is to always place the ornament my son made for me when he was five (he will be 40 this year) on the main tree first and center. It will also be the last one removed when the tree finally comes down. I sleep beside the lighted trees on Christmas Eve. Christmas week viewing must include the Miracle on 34th St (original B&W), a version of A Christmas Carol & White Christmas.I own many more Christmas themed DVD (& VHS tapes), but these become paramount the final week. Christmas Eve at my church is also tradition and I have taken to handing out Candy Canes that night. Oh, and the light on the manger scene stays lit until Christmas morning. :P
"Maybe Christmas he thought doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more".

CandycaneDreamer

Post by CandycaneDreamer » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:58 pm

Ahhh so many things will do every year during this awesome holiday.
Our traditions include:
- Purchasing our Hallmark ornaments(16 yrs)
-Making homemade ornaments(9 yrs)
-Creating a photo book (16 yrs)
-Gingerbread house creations (8 yrs)
- Holiday Card Group Swaps (16 yrs)
- 100 dozen Holiday Cookie Challenge (16 yrs)
-Visit with Santa with our daughter( 8 yrs)
-Ugly Christmas sweater party (4 yrs)
- Enjoying my Family and Friends (Forever)
A Christmas hug should last forever

Bishop1954

Post by Bishop1954 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:26 am

We will be adding a new tradition this year, as my wife and I will wear something in the spirit of Santa (or Mrs. Claus) on Christmas Eve, especially during the evening meal.
Never childish, but forever child-like... :D
"Maybe Christmas he thought doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more".