In the darkness of night ,I halloweengirl am lurking........

Discussion of general Halloween topics
halloweengirl
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

In the darkness of night ,I halloweengirl am lurking........

Post by halloweengirl » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:14 pm

hello,so yeah the weather here is absolutely fabulously astonishingly unusually.........sooo warm!!! lol. I am a papergirl....i lurk around in the wee early hours in the mornings....in the dark of night.I tend to freak people out,probably because i'm supposed to be quiet when i drop my pprs in the mailboxes, and for some reason i'm terribly clumsy. :oops: I didn't think this job would be fun,but to my shock it was!!!! also a great way to lose a few pounds! oh and yes, i often see cats,everywhere. Know what? there is this one house that i deliver to that still has all their halloween decorations out,I tell you I totally felt "wow,cool!!". :lol:
NIGHT FOLLOWS THE LONELY MOON,MORNING COMES EVER SO SOON. author halloweengirl.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:42 am

I love hearing that "FLUMP!" sound early in the morning. So you enjoy throwing newspapers at people's houses in the wee hours, huh? And you see cats when you do that? Sounds like a slightly spooky sort of job.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:19 am

Sounds so nice, I like to sleep in but the wee early hours are of the morning when everyone is still sleeping and it is still dark outside it is like your in a new world, or perhaps like how a ghost would feel. Very cool.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:16 pm

The only time I'll be up in the "wee hours" is if I've been up all night! :lol: I am what is commonly referred to as a "night owl"...I HATE to get up early in the morning! I can't sleep before midnight, and am rarely up before 0900. But God bless the paper delivery people, I do like to have my paper in the morning (mid-morning, that is :wink: )

thislazylife
Haunt Master

Post by thislazylife » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:45 pm

Excuse the blatant sexism, but Mark Twain once said, "Trustyworthy is the man who can befriend strange cats."

I've always loved that quote.
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

halloweengirl
Crypt Keeper

ahh..but the life of a pprgirl.....

Post by halloweengirl » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:05 am

awww....gee......i'm speechless people,thanks.....I'm required to place the pprs in the mailbox ever so quietly so yeah....yes infact i am in a whole new world.....Trustyworthy is the man who can befriend strange cats."
i seem to like this expression as well,here,here!!

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:02 am

Lurkith much Halloweengirl. :D

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:30 pm

Well, you gotta, just GOTTA be better the doink who 'delivers' the papers in our neighbourhood. The idiot drives a car without a muffler. Has NO aim..none...hits trees, windows, fences, playground equipment..we haven't figured out WHY he still has this job..the best theory is that he is some sort of relative to the mayor who doesn't want him on welfare..and he DIGS it..you can hear this hollow, low laugh some mornings...and he sings...and I SWEAR this is the worst part..he sings WHAM..really..you know...'Wake me up, before you go, go..I don't plan on going solo..." That thing. Sounds like an old alcholic...but WHAT would an old alkey be DOING up at that hour in the morning..
I know, I know, don't ask...
I am paying for the sins of Dean Martin.
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:04 pm

You're serious? The guy sings WHAM UK songs, while throwing newspapers at people's houses, in the wee hours of the morning? That's scarier than Stephen King!

JACKRYAN592
Haunt Master

Post by JACKRYAN592 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:13 pm

He's looking for Halloween decorations! Than again, maybe he's a Booooozer!

Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:53 pm

The lady who delivered our paper wrote really bad poetry and enclosed it with the paper. I don't want to be mean, but this was really bad. Then she wrote one about how paper delivery people are prisoners of the neighborhood and how she does not get paid until the subscriber paid. The poem more or less said that if you didn't pay for your paper on time she would slash your tires. No, I am not kidding...

Morrison said it well: people are strange.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:04 am

We have to get YOUR paper lady and MY paper guy together..they will meet, get drunk, write poetry, act out their Charles Bukowski fantasies and form the basis of another Mickey Roarke movie...maybe co starring Liza Minnelli.
We will get some sleep.
Your tires will be safe, and the paranoid dog across from me won't freak out when my guy starts to sing...
It's a win/win deal...now we just have to figure out a town halfway between us, and a REASONABLE explanation to convince either one to move hundreds of miles for no apparent reason.

Guess I get to hear the guy sing a bit longer...
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:48 pm

Good idea Uncletor, how `bout Chicago? I`ll just tell mine all the paper subscbers tip there...
While friends and loved ones mourn your silly grave, I have other uses for you, darling. ~ I love the Dead, Alice Cooper

halloweengirl
Crypt Keeper

Post by halloweengirl » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:24 am

well people's I do not sing while delivering my pprs nor do i throw them so yeah i'm probably the only trusting face you'll ever see, and the only reason i took over this route was my ppr guy was so late every bloody day,i mean c'mon man this job is sooooooooo easy,it's fun -i am a cig smoker,but beleive me since i started i have slowed right down.........i'm adtually wanting to quit...seriously.I swear on halloween day i will dress up as a witch,i already have minor problems with the cops,cuz their wondering what is that person doing? in the middle of the night, until they see me holding all those pprs,then they leave,so on halloween morn and a cop drives by-he'll for sure think "what the hell?",what do i say? BOO? and CACKLE?

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:19 pm

Thats a great idea!
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again