Do you say Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday...

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!

Re: Do you say Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday...

Postby Santa2011 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:42 am

I think we should say Merry Christmas because it makes us feel that an amazing occasion is coming... The smell of a Christmas tree, mom's turkey and happiness of getting a present comes to my mind with these words :wink:
Santa2011

Postby gameshowguy2000 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:22 pm

Santa2011 wrote:I think we should say Merry Christmas because it makes us feel that an amazing occasion is coming... The smell of a Christmas tree, mom's turkey and happiness of getting a present comes to my mind with these words :wink:

Don't forget Santa. For those who say Jesus is the Reason for the Season--you're right, sort of.

There are always TWO reasons for the season--Jesus and Santa. Without Santa, how could we celebrate Christmas?
"Who would imagine, who could imagine, who would imagine a king?"-Whitney Houston, The Preacher's Wife, 1996

gameshowguy2000

Postby gameshowguy2000 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:47 am

ANGELPUGS wrote:most times merry Christmas but,also say happy holidays use both. :)
christmas_25.gif

And that's what I do. I use both--or rather, I use all three (if I count in Season's Greetings as well).

And whenever people say "Jesus is THE reason for the season", I always correct them by replacing "THE" with "A", because as I've said time and again that "Jesus is A reason for the season, Santa being the other".

As I've pointed out, how can you celebrate Christmas without Santa? Not all of us are Christians, but we all celebrate Christmas with Santa--or St. Nicholas--whichever floats your boat.
"Who would imagine, who could imagine, who would imagine a king?"-Whitney Houston, The Preacher's Wife, 1996

gameshowguy2000

Postby Thom on Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:25 pm

I will generally say Merry Christmas, but I think Happy Christmas or Happy Holidays is fine too. It is all about the spirit of how you say things that matters.
Thom

Postby johnwilliam23 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:20 am

I say merry christmas.....
johnwilliam23

Postby Jina on Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:33 pm

I generally say "Merry Christmas", unless I know that the other person doesn't celebrate Christmas. Then I would say "Happy Holidays.
Jina

Postby jerseygirl13 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:16 am

I've always said "Merry Christmas".
jerseygirl13

Previous

Return to Christmas Thoughts