Christmas is taking over Halloween

Discussion of general Halloween topics
JACKRYAN592
Haunt Master

Christmas is taking over Halloween

Post by JACKRYAN592 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:11 pm

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENED, CHRISTMAS HAS TAKEN OVER HALLOWEEN. EVERY WHERE, TV, RADIO, STORES, HOUSE DECORATIONS. FEW VESTIGES OF HALLOWEEN REMAIN, EXCEPT HERE ON THIS SITE.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Pennywise11 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:25 am

:? Yeah I still hold Halloween close and will alway be my fav but Christmas is a very powerful holiday and i enjoy that too.. Do you enjoy Christmas?
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:57 am

Christmas may be taking over but Halloween is still around if you look hard enough! I went to Kohl's to do a little Christmas shopping and came home with a hairy spider tote bag, halloween shadow box, and halloween door mat. ((((Snoopy Dance!)))) :D Of course, I had to quickly pack them up before my husband noticed! I guess I'm just not ready for Christmas yet. :?
Don't drink and fly...

JACKRYAN592
Haunt Master

Post by JACKRYAN592 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:04 pm

I ENJOY CHRISTMAS, BUT SO DO THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE. THOSE OF US WHO ENJOY HALLOWEEN ARE IN THE MINORITY, SO IT'S FUN TO BE A LITTLE DIFFERENT.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:40 pm

People can be so cruel!
Ignoring the opportunity to terrorize small children, trading it for the chance to make them smile as we attach he greed factor to their young existence.
Why aren't 12 year old kids happy with just the empty box the present came in anymore?
But yet Mom and Dad are supposed to be happy with an empty bank balance!?

Hahahah-hohoho-haha!

"Santa" "Satan", so close, they could be brothers! :lol:

thislazylife
Haunt Master

Post by thislazylife » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:03 pm

I like Christmas. It's an opportunity to take a quick vacation and go see the family.
But I LOVE Halloween.
Let's just say that I was excited for Halloween in July. I'm kinda excited for Christams for the formentioned reason, but the anticipation by no means can compare to what I felt for Halloween.
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:42 am

Well said, Lazy.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:05 am

Same feelings go for me too Lazy. :)
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

William
Haunt Master

Post by William » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:41 am

It's cool christmas but Halloween rules, her in Romania they have puted lights in the center of the town why dont they put on Halloween day to :((
Halloween is coming,be sure to be dead until then, if not all hallows eve will take care

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:50 pm

OK, Jack... I have to confess .... because it was a beautiful day in the 60's here....we DID put up the outside Christmas lights. :oops: Haven't lit them yet, but my husband figured, how many more good days are we gonna have, and he much preferred being out there in his shirt sleeves to freezing his butt off in a couple of weeks. But no lighting until at least Dec 1st! One holiday at a time, I say...

JACKRYAN592
Haunt Master

Post by JACKRYAN592 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:15 pm

I HAVE TO ADMIT, ALL THE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS AND DECORATIONS SURE ARE PRETTY. THE MUSIC BRINGS BACK SENTIMENTAL MEMORIES OF CHRISTMAS'S PAST. BUT IT SURE IS A PAIN IN THE BUTT, TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT PRESENT TO GET PEOPLE. THE REAL MEANING OF CHRISTMAS IS LOST IN ALL THE HUSTLE AND BUSTLE. JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON!! HALLOWEEN IS JUST ABOUT FUN!

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:51 am

Well, yesterday, I FINALLY put all of the Halloween decor away. It feels so weird. But now my roomie wants to get our Christmas decor up so I won't have to wait too long to see stuff on the walls again.
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

Bafa
Crypt Keeper

Post by Bafa » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:34 am

Yes my wife asked i get rid of the JoL's (I can't believe they lasted so long) and that we get ready for Christmas. w00t... presents!

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:44 am

Yeah I just decorated most of my house this past weekend with my children. IT was fun, I still don't have my tree up...that will have to wait another couple of weeks but even amongst my xmas stuff I still have a few Halloween deocarations mixed in there. :)

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:57 am

I did the same thing Penny - mixed in a little Halloween with Christmas. I have a basket of silk poinsettias on top of my armoire and right next to that I have my Jim Shore witch. They look marvelous together! :D
The Nightmare Before Christmas provides some opportunity to blend the holidays together, don't you think?
Don't drink and fly...