Real or artificial tree?

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!

Re: Real or artificial tree?

Postby Ghoul of Christmas on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:21 pm

My Mum really likes real trees but despite this we always have an artificial tree, I don't mind though because I love any kind of Christmas tree.
Ghoul of Christmas

Postby adrian on Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:56 pm

i'm a stickler for tradition so real tree for me
adrian

Postby SnowMau on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:12 pm

Well...the fake ones are hypoallergenic and you don't have to dispose of it after the holidays. But you can't beat the fresh pine smell!
I suppose I could go either way...but we usually have a fake one. I even have my own little tree that I display in my bed room.
Look out Rudolph, Santa might just replace you with the cute, magical, Christmas Kittens!
SnowMau

Location: Throwing Snowballs at the neighbor kids XD Just kidding.

Postby san4os on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:23 am

real real real ! ! !...

in this holly evening I want and wait a litte dream... with REAL tree!!!
san4os

Postby ANGELPUGS on Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:11 pm

Artificial trees as i have pugs so i can't have a real one and i like artificial as mine go up before thanksgiving. :)
ANGELPUGS

Postby SnowMau on Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:40 pm

Whenever I go to a store where they have a Christmas tree displayed as you walk in...I always gotta see if it's real or fake. I'm noisy like that. I do that with plants at the Doctor's office too. :lol:
Look out Rudolph, Santa might just replace you with the cute, magical, Christmas Kittens!
SnowMau

Postby Big boi on Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:43 pm

I personally like artificial trees. I have some promo codes for you guys that you can check for some shoes and get a discount if you use them on eastbay and Footlocker.
East Bay:

Girlemo1 - 15%off any order

Girlemo2 - 20% off any order of $75 or more

Footlocker:

Flemo123 - 15% off any order
Big boi

Postby SilverBelle on Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:17 am

Real tree, real tree!! Nothing beats the scent of a real Christmas tree. Although for practical purposes, artificial trees can be very handy...less mess.
SilverBelle

Postby jinglebells on Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:26 pm

I always go with artificial trees, I think they look just as good as real ones, and at least you don't have to clean up after Christmas is over!
jinglebells

Postby SnowMau on Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:22 pm

They should make artificial trees that look more like the real thing. I mean, the way an artificial one is outlined, it looks too perfect. In nature the tree branches aren't that even, they should make an artificial one that looks more asymetrical and throw in some fresh pine scent and fake bark at the base.
SnowMau

Postby Andybev01 on Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:34 pm

There are a few, really pricey, artificials out there that are dead-ringers for real.
I worked at a company that bought one and it took forever to set up (it was a 9-footer) but, except for the lack of scent, it was a stunning fake.
"What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."
Dr. Seuss
Andybev01

Postby santa letters on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:28 pm

Oddly enough this is a great subject For the last forty years we have had a real tree and every year I grumbled when we had to go out in the cold and purchase it or cut it down. The I would grumble when we had to drag it out and clean up the needles for the next five months. But I sure loved the look and the smell. For the last five years we have used and artificial tree and I must say I'm loving it. Artificial trees have come a long way in the last ten years and this one even has a plug in for the pine smell with no needles to clean up! Have to say I'm loving it. Now for a quick plug If any one is looking for Santa letters to send to the kids please visit my website http://www.santaletterexpress.info
santa letters

Postby Thom on Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:03 pm

I've always had an artificial tree and that has been fine with me. I don't know too many people who have a real tree actually. I think one Christmas I'll have to give a real one a try, I'm especially eager to sample the fresh smell many of you have spoke about.
Thom

Postby gameshowguy2000 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:54 pm

By artificial, you mean a fake tree, right?

I prefer the fake tree..kinda like the Upside Down Christmas Tree I posted about here. THAT is one tree you DON'T have to water.
Last edited by gameshowguy2000 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Who would imagine, who could imagine, who would imagine a king?"-Whitney Houston, The Preacher's Wife, 1996

gameshowguy2000

Postby belark on Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:45 pm

It does not really matter to me whether the tree is real or not. I enjoy decorating christmas tree and that is more important than the type of the tree I am decorating. Practically speaking though, artificial christmas tree are more practical since you can use it the year after and even beyond.
belark

PreviousNext

Return to Christmas Thoughts