hey i had a question

Got a good recipe? Share it here!
Hallow's Queen
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

hey i had a question

Post by Hallow's Queen » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:38 pm

well i think im goin to make a menu for people to order from...im goin to give every menu item a spookey name and make it look halloweenish but gor the main things im servin i have hotdogs and hamburges...i know how to decoorate the hamburgers but how can i decorate the hotdogs?
H a l l o w ' s Q u e e n

Image Image

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:19 am

Don't drink and fly...

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:23 pm

Hamburgers are slightly easier to decorate, I think, because you can make cheese slices into pumpkin shapes - and even carve the meat pattys into bats - "Bat Burgers!!" :D

Hotdogs are a bit trickier, unless you decorated them with cheese slices cut into shapes with Halloween cookie cutters? Orrr you could somehow make the sausages look like fingers and have ketchup all around the bottom and make the buns look like they are oozing with "blood". You could call them "Frankenstein's Franks" :D

OK actually, I might do those two ideas myself lol!!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:35 pm

I saw a recipe one time where they cut the hotdogs into length-wise strips, and when they were cooked, they curled up and looked like worms. Had to serve on round buns, though, not long ones. Pretty cute, though.
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:42 pm

lol MHooch that's a cute idea. I think I saw a recipe like that on recipe.com or somewhere similar...?

One thing you could try is cutting the sausages up into small chunks before you fry them, that way they round a little as they're cooking, so they could be like toes? :o

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:30 am

haha how funny you mention that. I cooked a hot dog tonight in the microwave and cut a small slit in it so it wouldnt burst and the little stinker curled up into a circle. It was nearly impossible to eat on a hot dog bun
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"