Christmas Cards

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!

Christmas Cards

Postby Snow-flake on Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:03 pm

I was addressing Christmas cards all day today. If I haven't talked to someone in awhile, I always write a personalized letter with the card.

I have to say this.....this is my biggest pet peeve about cards- is people who write a "form" letter...which is a summation of their life of the past year, and they make 50 copies and mail it to everyone. I absolutely hate that. I figure if you only ever write to a person once a year, you should take the time to hand write them something. Plus, those "form" letters are all one sided, you only are talking about yourself, and never ask them personal things about what's happening with them.

I think they are tacky, and I hate them when I get them from someone.

I don't know who thought doing that was cool, and it caught on, cause I swear each year I get more and more of those from people, but I won't cave in to it, and become one of them. I think it is important to write a personal message to each person you send a card to.

What are anyone else's thought on it?
Snow-flake

Postby Dudley on Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:14 am

I had my say on those things in another post..my son and I keep coming up with crazy ones when we are in the car..."I guess the neighbours were RIGHT when they kept muttering about sink holes.... Juniors experiments in methane fuel he conducted in the basement have ended in disgrace and shame for the whole family, and we are scared to pull out the hose...Gramma thought the postman was a 'revenuer' and took a shot at him with her rifle, would you mind if she stays at your place until the heat dies down?..." That sort of thing...

I don't know who thought them up either,but when one is read to us with deep respect, the kid and I avoid eye contact.

Maybe it makes the sender feel important...don't know..
Run run Rudolph, Santa's got to make it on time..
Dudley

Postby GreenElf on Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:05 am

Yeah I send letters and cards every year and most of the letters are pretty much the same story but I do personalize them to the people I am sending them to, ask how the family is, whats new and make it a personal letter as like you said it you are sending it to people and one write them once a year it should be more in touch with the people you are sending them to.
It's a beaut Clark, it's a beaut!
GreenElf

Return to Christmas Thoughts