My First Blog

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Mr.Halloween
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 9

My First Blog

Post by Mr.Halloween » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:49 pm

I just created my first blog. It is titled "The Bog Blog" ... just because it rhymes... and deals with Halloween.

Check it out http://vancouverhalloween.blogspot.com

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:34 pm

Hey Mr.Halloween, Well I checked out your Bog Blog, and I have to agree with you that people need to take the time to share with Children, teens, and children at heart the meaning of Halloween so that they are richer with Tradition, and not just empty Calories :D
I have to admit, I really stump many parents, actually I know I frustrate some, and I surprise some of the children as I refuse to just open my door and dump some candy into their bag and shut the door. I like to spend time talking to each child, teen , chlid at heart. I talk to them about all sorts of things Halloween. Actually all of them really get into talking about their costumes and other freaky things they've seen along the way to my place, but some of the parents are so stuck into "come on get your Candy & lets go" but I have a few tricks up my own sleeves for those kind of people, :lol:
And I get a lot of the troubled teens at my place because I take the time to spend "time talking to them" I try really hard to get them to remember to make a great costume for each year & I will give them something extra special. I like to give them something positive to focus on doing for the year after Halloween is over, and they are more then welcome to come chat with me about their ideas and how their costumes are coming along. It's a small thing, but its huge for some of them. 1 it gives them something positve to work on, 2 they really like it when someone is willing to spend time listening and talking to them. And I always tell people, I don't care how old you are, you show up Halloween night in a costume I will give you a treat, this is a big thing for many teens who get told by some houses to go away, halloween is for the kids, that really bugs me to no end, on Halloween everyone who gets into the spirit is a Child at heart!
Needless to say, sometimes a lot of troubled teens spend a great deal of time on my "Bat Cave" bench, talking, hanging out or just if they want to sit and have some quite time away from the troubles at home.
Og another thing I do for TOT's is I take their pictures :D If they are Minors, I get the parent or guardians permission, my troubled teens, well they get their pictures taken and I always tell them that if mom or dad want to know who I am they can just tell their parents where I live. ANyways, it's always been a hit with everyone! I get the parents emails addresses and send them a copy within a few days. Heck, you should see how much the kids all get into it, and the parents, they're like, oh cool, I never thought to take a picture of her/him in their costume. And well, one of my "high Risk Youth" who comes every year, he said those pictures are the only reminders he gets of anything positive in his life, now that is what really makes me feel GOOD :D

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:58 pm

Hey Mr. Halloween, do you decorate the inside of your home as well, do you have any pictures of it, I'd love to see them. :D :wink:

Halloween Freek
Master Reaper

Post by Halloween Freek » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:03 am

Dutchess of Darkness wrote:Hey Mr. Halloween, do you decorate the inside of your home as well, do you have any pictures of it, I'd love to see them. :D :wink:
Ditto :lol: :lol:

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:57 am

That's pretty cool, Mr. Halloween. I'll be sure and check it regularly.