I baked cookies all day....

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!

I baked cookies all day....

Postby Snow-flake on Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:19 pm

I made sugar cookies and iced them all, and I baked molasses cookies, and now I am going to mix up dough for cherry and raisin filled cookies, and I am going to make those tomorrow.

I have an awesome way to make caramel, I use it to make turtles.

You take an unopened can of condensed milk, bring it to a boil, and then you keep it boiling on about med/high for 8 hours- you have to watch it constantly...cause the water evaporates-and you'll burn your pan if you don't keep the can covered in water.. you have to add water about every hour, but if you do it right, after 8 hours...take it off the stove, and let it cool, then stick it in the fridge to get really cold. Then open the can with a can opener...it should look the color of a dark beige. You can tell if it is the right consistancy.

Then you just take some walnuts/pecans- stick a spoonful of caramel on the nuts, then drizzle them with chocolate, and then when those are set, you flip them in do the other side, they are the best.

To get good chocolate you have to add a gob of crisco to the chocolate and melt it together.

I am making turtles tomorrow too.
Snow-flake

Postby MHooch on Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:57 pm

I thought I smelled something really good this afternoon when the breeze blew.... :D
MHooch

Postby EvilMel on Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:18 pm

That's really cool.

We did the same thing on Saturday. Me, my husband, and our friend David always make cookies this time of year as a test run (so we know which recipes are good to make for people for Christmas).

I took 7 kinds of cookies to work today and asked everyone to evaluate them! It was really fun.

Here's the 7 kinds:

Moist Pumpkin Bread Cookies (with cranberries)

Cranberry Macademia Nut Cookies

Egg Nog Kringla (like a soft egg nog cookie)

Cocoa Fudge Cookies (deep dark chocolate)

Wine Biscuits

Pistachio Cookies (with real pistachios and next time I'm adding cranberries)

Anzac Biscuits (chewy oatmeal cookie that's nothing like other oatmeal cookies I've had).
EvilMel

Return to Christmas Thoughts