Need Idea

Are you a yard or home haunter? Discuss that here.
radix
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by radix » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:43 am

WOW ok, I am REALLY late to the party here. I just saw that you all posted last year.

Sorry.

mseidemann
Ghost

Re: Need Idea

Post by mseidemann » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:19 pm

:twisted:
One idea we did in the early years was to do Movie themes. Each vinette was a different movie. Think OLD Universal movies. We had Frankenstein, dracula, and such. A highlight was a group of monster mud mummies sitting on chairs with pocorn watching a DVD of the old Boris Karloff THe MUmmy. That went over great.

The only trouble you'll have with your electric chair idea---moast kids have ZERO idea what it is. As for scaring small children, well---1) that's the point ain't it? and 2) Good luck. The prop will almost never scare the tots. With few exceptions. What does scare them is for an actor to jump out while they are looking at the prop. Don't believe me? Go to any commercial house and watch the crowd not the haunt. The props are distraction only.

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Tue May 06, 2008 7:24 pm

I totally want to live in your neighborhood!

A family that I lived near did a fright-yard every year that included a fully realized electric chair with jacobs-ladder and strobes, sound effects, fogger and an actor who went over the top with his performance.

I'm man enough to admit that it freaked me out. I can't imagine what some impressionable little kids thought.

Oh yeah; you had to pass it on your way to get candy. :twisted:
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

myshy
Zombie

Post by myshy » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:25 pm

For halloween I actullay I put fake bones in the front and when people walk by they make noise and pop out of the dirt and it`s not really scary.I live in arizona and then in my neighborhood we boo each other and you read the card and it says you`ve been bood.then you go get halloween baskets and fill them up with candy and go put them on your friends door steps.Its really cute.
BAILEE