Advice/Tips on opening a Haunted House in 2007

Discussion of general Halloween topics
thislazylife
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Advice/Tips on opening a Haunted House in 2007

Post by thislazylife » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:39 pm

So some friends and I were discussing the fact that our town needs a GOOD haunted house. I want to get the ball rolling on this SOON, cuzz if it's gonna be the best HH for miles, we're gonna need to start immediately. I was thinking about a non-profit HH, with all proceeds being donated to a local children's charity. Does anybody have any advice/tips on getting the city (I live in Arcata, CA) behind this? Who do I talk to? What kind of permits would we need? Anybody have any experience with this? Any and all comments welcome.

Thank You!
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

kevin
Crypt Keeper

Post by kevin » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:35 pm

You know, if it weren't for the fact that one of the top 10 houses in the US is located in my city (fremont, CA), I'd want to do the same thing!! Sadly, I didn't even make it over there.. never have seen it, but supposedly very good. There's another guy that lives a few miles away that does the same thing, but not quite as good.

Oh well, I put some pics up:

http://community.webshots.com/album/555288729EmmacH

Only could get 8. Been trying to upload a video my wife shot with your camera that actually shows my fog machien working. Sadly, there was a good wind up so it wasn't doing so well. The dry ice worked well, just too windy to keep it low. It was during the daylight. HopefullyI'll get it uploaded.

MHooch
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MHooch » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:09 am

Great pics, Kevin, thanks for sharing!! Your yard looked great, and I thought the makeup was awesome, especially for a 10 min job!