Sleepy Hallow

Talk about television shows, movies, music and more!
Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Sleepy Hallow

Post by Haunted Horseman » Fri May 04, 2007 2:50 pm

What is everyone's opinion of Tim Burton's "Sleepy Hallow" (1999). I thought he did a good job of creating a creepy atmosphere. However the story left much to be desired. The whole Icabod is a policeman thing, just didn't do it for me. I guess I'm a purist at heart, but I say the Disney Cartoon from 1949 is much better.

Slightlymad
Master Reaper

Post by Slightlymad » Fri May 04, 2007 9:11 pm

I enjoyed the movie very much. The different take on the charactors was refreshing from an entertainment perspective.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat May 05, 2007 2:21 am

I LOVE the Tim Burton movie but, I'm really so tired of Johnny Depp! POTC did him in, for me!
I would have MUCH rather had seen someone more like Jeff Goldbloom play Ichabod. I have agree with HH that the Disney version is better in that it leaves MUCH more to the imagination.

I really wish I had a picture of this guy, but I SWEAR to you, there was this guy that worked at our local grocery store that would have been a PEEEEEEEERFECT Ichabod!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sun May 06, 2007 1:18 am

I LOVE the Tim Burton version. Of course, he's one of my favorite directors, and I love most anything he does. The atmosphere and the sets were just fabulous, all the twisted trees and the haunted looking houses, the fog, the almost black and white color pallette. And, maybe it's just a girl thing, but if I ever get tired of Johnny Depp, just bury me!! :lol:

ooga_booga
Haunt Master

Post by ooga_booga » Sun May 06, 2007 7:17 am

I LOVE that movie! Great storyline and special effects.
Tried reading the book, couldn't make sense of it :?

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon May 07, 2007 12:25 am

BTW, ooga_booga, LOVE your new avatar...

ooga_booga
Haunt Master

Post by ooga_booga » Mon May 07, 2007 5:14 am

Thanks

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Thu May 17, 2007 9:58 pm

my daughter watches that movie ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!
it's 1 of her favs. she's 5 btw.
teach um' young
trick or treat

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Fri May 18, 2007 9:01 am

MHooch wrote:I LOVE the Tim Burton version. Of course, he's one of my favorite directors, and I love most anything he does. The atmosphere and the sets were just fabulous, all the twisted trees and the haunted looking houses, the fog, the almost black and white color pallette. And, maybe it's just a girl thing, but if I ever get tired of Johnny Depp, just bury me!! :lol:
I agree, Hooch! I love to watch the movie just for the atmosphere and "look" of the sets, like most of Tim Burton's movies it was spectacularly done. I'd like to see the inside of that guys head someday.

OEJ, I feel your pain on being "over" him, I'm completely over Jessica Alba. But the man just does wierd and creepy so well!
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:06 am

ooga_booga wrote:Tried reading the book, couldn't make sense of it :?
Book? It's a short story. Or are you talking about the novelization of the movie?

By the way, Jeff Goldblum already starred in a 1980 made-for-television adaptation, filmed in Utah, of all places. I've never seen it.

I liked the grand production design and art direction of the Tim Burton movie, but I would have preferred they stay with the original story instead of messing around with it. The 1949 Disney version remains my favorite.

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:59 am

i agree with the disney movie but man yea tim burtons i cant for the life of me stay awake through it.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

revelesnet
Crypt Keeper

Post by revelesnet » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:15 am

The movie was pretty good, but Johnny Depp's scariest movie is still "crybaby" 8)
Is it Halloween yet? and by the way it's not makeup it's jaundice.

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:37 pm

I really liked the movie, it actually grows on me the more I watch it too. The atmosphere was spot-on I think and I just love to revel in its gothic-ness :)

But then, I would say that.. because I'm a massive fan of Tim Burton, Johnny Depp AND Christina Ricci :lol:

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:41 pm

I didn't think it was necessary to make Crane a police officer. The character could just as easily remained a school teacher who utilizes "advanced" scientific tools and knowledge to educate the locals, solve the mystery, and win Katrina. I also didn't like the scene where the Horseman finds the little boy under the floor, but that's just me, I have a thing about violence toward children in movies (or anywhere).

And to be honest having the Horseman file his teeth into fangs was over the top as well, that came off as silly. I much prefer the original notion of the German Hessian. And the domineering Christian father in Crane's memory was ham fisted as well. But other than that I actually enjoyed
it. :?

halloweenchick06
Ghost

sleepy hollow is the best movie ever

Post by halloweenchick06 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:48 pm

i think that sleepy hollow was a good movie and that they should come out with a second one!! :lol: :lol: 8)
when it was Halloween day me and my friends went to real haunted house and i think my friend saw real ghost it can't see but they can felt then we got out house fast as we can and we never came back to haunted house it very truth!!!!!