It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown

For all your spooky, ghosty, haunted and otherwise Halloween-y television show discussions!
Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:58 pm

How can we not discuss It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.

Come sit with me in the pumpkin patch and you'll see the great pumpkin with your own eyes!

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by geekmidwinter » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:37 pm

It's my favorite!! I love Linus, he's one of my all time favorite characters. The quiet voice of reason in the face of blustery blowhards like his sister, from the unexpected mouth of a small child.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Nostalgiascape » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:15 pm

He seems to have a solid belief system, lol.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

gator67
Zombie

Post by gator67 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:35 pm

Thats a great cartoon. But, I don't understand snoopy and this Red Baron part in it. They should have made the Halloween party longer in the cartoon.
:twisted:

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:06 am

Best line in the whole show..."There are three things I've learned never to discuss in public; religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin." Even though it is tragically short it's probably the king of all Halloween specials. For me Mad Monster Party, while technically not a Halloween special, would be in the top 3 along with Nightmare Before Christmas.

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:08 pm

And The Halloween Tree. Which, ironically, was created because Ray Bradbury was so bothered that the Great Pumpkin turned out to be just Snoopy. He thought that was sacrilege! Out of that was born the story of Mr. Moundshroud taking the children on a journey into Halloween.

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:09 pm

I gotta be honest, I'm not a fan of the cartoon Halloween Tree. I love the book and try to read it every year, but the animation on the special was sub-par IMO.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:09 pm

I really did like the Halloween Tree. I thought the idea was great and the Mrs. and I were saying how great it would be if it were done again, today as a big blockbuster. I haven't seen it in awhile but I do remember thinking that it should be remade. It had a lot smart ideas.

Now granted, I haven't read the book, yet, but I plan to, this year.
Perhaps Peter Jackson should, as well. :wink:

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:37 am

One Eye'd Jack wrote:I really did like the Halloween Tree. I thought the idea was great and the Mrs. and I were saying how great it would be if it were done again, today as a big blockbuster. I haven't seen it in awhile but I do remember thinking that it should be remade. It had a lot smart ideas.

Now granted, I haven't read the book, yet, but I plan to, this year.
Perhaps Peter Jackson should, as well. :wink:
You won't regret it. Probably the best Halloween themed book ever written. It's perfect in the blending of fun and creepy.

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:00 pm

It's a Guitar Solo, Charlie Brown.

Turn up the sound, and click on the window shade handle in the window.

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:26 pm

I hate all the stuff my work computer blocks! I better be careful with how many "Blocked" warnings I get though, I need the paycheck awful bad. :?