The Halloween Hoochies!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
tomanderson
Halloween Master

The Halloween Hoochies!

Post by tomanderson » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:13 am

This is a duplicate of a humorous post I put up on another message board elsewhere...not sure if this will resonate with people here but...well, you never know, right?

The Halloween Hoochies!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And if you are reading this on a cold night, with a chilly breeze coming in through the window, this may even...make sense!

It's the Halloween Hoochies! That weird feeling of giddiness and nervousness that overtakes a person as the special holiday of Halloween gets nearer and nearer!

Bars of soap are bought up from store shelves by the dozens...you notice a weird proliferation of Christmas items, way too soon, at high-quality, hoity-toity stores like Wal-Mart and Pic-n-Sav. People can't wait to get into their Halloween candy and start dipping into the barrel...hey, where did all the Snickers bars go??!?!?!

Where indeed.

It's the Halloween Hoochies, I tell you! Driving all the horror fans crazy, they are putting on DVDs in rapid succession and burning out their DVD players. You go to the store and all the good movies are rented or bought...what will you watch??

Time to pull out that box of crispy-clean Hammer films you keep under the floorboards, that box you can hear thrumming with faint rhythmic vibrations on very quiet evenings when even the crickets are too nervous to speak...

It's the Halloween Hoochies! The hoochie hoochie poochies!

Hoochie poochie hoochie poochie!!

Spooky_Ollie
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Spooky_Ollie » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:25 pm

It's good, but i REALLY don't understand it. :P maybe, if you were to post back explaining it to me someone, please?

Thanks. :D
Halloween would be the best time of year for me, but you get lots of food at christmas, except for pumpkin.

kevin
Crypt Keeper

Post by kevin » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:28 am

Yeah, I gotta admit.. I'm quite lsot on what the meaning of the story is? I think I get it, but it seems to kind of go all over the place and not really make a solid point?

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:46 am

Well, by way of explanation, it's sort of a "beat poetry" thing, in a sense. It's not so much about the "meaning" ...really it's the feeling. That sort of jumpy jittery feeling a person can get near Halloween.

And "hoochie poochie" is a term I made up which means a couple of things...the first meaning is frisky, hot-to-trot...the term came to mind one day when I visited a coffee emporium and noticed that the coffee made everyone act frisky.

The second meaning is when you are feeding your cat and pat its behind and it raises it up in the air in that funny way cats do. I thought, "Well, that's hoochie poochie too!" I am starting to think that cats have a second brain in their tail section, just as some people do.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:36 pm

Yeah, uh, hopefully that.....kind of explains it a little. Maybe.

Oh well, gotta go out and get some candy now...the trick or treaters are gonna be here before long...just hours until Halloween arrives!