GhostMan was last seen on other forums!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
hauntmaster

GhostMan was last seen on other forums!

Post by hauntmaster » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:55 pm

The reason GhostMan is gone in a nutshell.

He was last seen on other halloween and horror forums, and not only his username as GM. He always loves to create multiple usernames like, HorrorMaks, Slimy Joe, Horror RD, etc. So, if you feel and suspect that person is coming back with different username here, feel free to PM me anytime.

BTW, He was banned at least 11 forums, but still coming back with different usernames. Well, everybody is watching over him!

Pennywise11
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:57 pm

Cool... I'll keep... my eyes peeled!!! LOL... ouch...
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

silcrest
Zombie

Post by silcrest » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:09 pm

What is the problem with GhostMan?

Silvia
Halloween.Jigetiser.com
free avatars, wallpapers, screensavers, computer jigsaw puzzles,
posters, greeting cards, calendars and videos

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:50 pm

They posted a very old e-mail that has been circling for some time which brought up racial issues better not discussed here; the mods did away with them. :)

pum'kinpye
Master Reaper

Post by pum'kinpye » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:53 pm

Leave it to someone to spoil the fun!
I hope "they" don't come back (not sure if they are male or female)

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:56 pm

You never can tell and I didn't want to assume just because the name was Ghostman it was a male; females can be bigots too. :?

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:30 pm

Can't ya ban him VIA IP address? If he doesn't use dialup or doesn't know how to mask his IP addy, you can permaban him that way.

Laydie Witch
Vampire

Post by Laydie Witch » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:28 pm

If you know his usernames, you can ban them from ever joining. However, with IP bannings, this is a good idea but not in this case. People are able to proxy IP's and some have static IP's that change within a range. The problem is this, if you ban his IP, he will keep coming back, if you ban his IP RANGE, not only would you be banning him but prolly half of America and some current members of this site. The best solution is to ban his usernames, or keep on the ball from when he/they join, or even better, change the administration panel to 'account activation by admin' only. Otherwise, the problem will always happen.

Laydie Witch

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:30 pm

Bah! That's what the voices in my head were saying... You're not psychic are you? I just didn't type it all out-- I'm glad you wrote it all out. =D

Generally one gets a static IP with DSL or cable, which is why I recommended IP ban if he didn't have dialup (which is where the range factor comes in). Either way... it's an option if the issue does arise where we discover a static IP and the name-banning falls through.

Laydie Witch
Vampire

Post by Laydie Witch » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:59 pm

You aren't the first to say that. :D

But the truth is, I own multiple phpbb forums and I've had the 'spam' problem so many times. I just leave admins to activate accounts, saves so much time, don't have to ban anyone. I just tell them to keep an eye out for spam because my forums are free speech, complete freedom etc.

I guess it all depends on Halloween.com

Laydie Witch

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:42 pm

"OH NO, Computer Tech talk...please stop!"...he yelled as his head spun and eyes began to bulge in horror. :shock:
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

Laydie Witch
Vampire

Post by Laydie Witch » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:53 pm

Haunted Horseman wrote:he yelled as his head spun and eyes began to bulge in horror.
Horror is associated with Halloween, so 'technically' anything that makes you scared is Halloweenish or spookyish, wouldn't you agree?

*more talk about technical stuff is needed in this bizarre scenario*

:wink:

Laydie Witch
Vampire

Post by Laydie Witch » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:38 pm

Now is not the time for hypocrisy. And everyone has their hobbies. His is to irritate people. The more attention you give him, the more encouragement he is getting from it. He's still viewing this forum, you know. So I suggest you delete this entire thread, and not speak of him again.

pum'kinpye
Master Reaper

Post by pum'kinpye » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:59 am

ditto ^

Tapsgirl
Zombie

Post by Tapsgirl » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:06 am

^^^
ditto
<~~~im am so confused!!!
Eye of newt, and toe of frog, Wool of bat, and tongue of dog, Adder's fork, and blind-worm's
sting, Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing, For a charm of powerful trouble, Like a hell-broth
boil and bubble.