My first Spooky Town

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
Scavenegrhaunt
Zombie

My first Spooky Town

Post by Scavenegrhaunt » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:53 pm

Hello again all

As i have said in a few other post i have become one of the latest victomes of the world of spooky town. all those will lights and sounds have drawn me in and wont be letting go any time soon. well soon after finding them i ran out and purchased all the pieces i liked. then i went on to ebay and found all the older ones that i liked. once i had the pieces i wanted it was time to figure out what to do with them.

i have a dining room table that i wanted to be the display table but the pieces i had seemed a bit crowded on it. i then decided to make a "island style display. my idea was to build a Island out of foam. the theme was a old island that had a huge cave running under it along with houses and such that have been built on the island. this works well this year due to the high amount of large pirate pieces that are being sold this year.

the entire structure is made from 2 inch insulation foam that can be purchased at home depot. We used hotwire foam factory pro tools kit for all the cutting. after the cutting was done we used paper mache and monster mud to coat the entire piece. these pics show the building of the the island up to the point that it is today. still a TON of painting and landscaping design left to do. I put a few of the pieces on it for some of the pics to give a better idea as to what i was thinking. The first few pics are pics of the designing stage just make a ruff idea as to what we want. i will continue to post more pics as this project moved forward. please feel free to add any comments are suggestions. any and all input is much appreciated.

Scavenegrhaunt
Zombie

Post by Scavenegrhaunt » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:55 pm

SOME MORE PICS

Scavenegrhaunt
Zombie

Post by Scavenegrhaunt » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:00 pm

we made some walls and sidewalks with clay that will be painted and added after the mud goes on. we also started to make lots of trees

Scavenegrhaunt
Zombie

Post by Scavenegrhaunt » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:05 pm

some pics after i started to airbrush the rock look to everything. inside the cave there will be some very cool lighting along with fog like said above that will be produced with a sonic fogger.
everything on the bottom will be water as if the pirate found treasure in the cave and have raided the island.

Scavenegrhaunt
Zombie

Post by Scavenegrhaunt » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:08 pm

as you can see i have started to add some of the lightings for the house walkway. i wanted all wires to be hidden to i put down the lights and then mudded over them. this of course will be painted a ground color. when the top is done it will be a very lush landscape or grasses and trees. the holes are more the wires for each piece. i do not want any wires to show when everything is complete. I also added a few things like pillars and a few steps in the grave yard

Scavenegrhaunt
Zombie

Post by Scavenegrhaunt » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:11 pm

hello all

Tonight I installed some of the lighting for the cave. i used a few different spot lights in purple and then i took some clear one and colored the lens orange. i really like to two tone look for the cave.
I also started with the ground cover. adding some ground work and a few shrubs. there is still ALOT more ground work to be done. Fell free to let me know what you think of the additions. I will keep adding pics as it comes along over the next several days

magickbean
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by magickbean » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:15 pm

:shock: I am just.. utterly speechless........

That is just...

Amazing!!! :o

I can't wait to see what it looks like when its finished! :D

Scavenegrhaunt
Zombie

Post by Scavenegrhaunt » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:00 pm

magickbean wrote::shock: I am just.. utterly speechless........

That is just...

Amazing!!! :o

I can't wait to see what it looks like when its finished! :D
THANKS I also cant wait for it to be done. dont get me wrong I love it but dang all these little bushes and ground work are driving me nuts lol

Scavenegrhaunt
Zombie

Post by Scavenegrhaunt » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:22 pm

some more pics after working a bit more tonight. Added a bunch more ground work and put a few buildings in place to get a better idea as to where trees and bushes should go.

Nyx
Crypt Keeper

Post by Nyx » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:02 am

Oh my goodness!!! It's looks fantastic. I'm so jealous. I like that you showed the creative process. Definitely a job well done. *two thumbs up*

chocoholicmom
Vampire

Post by chocoholicmom » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:58 am

Youve really worked hard its amazing! absolutely fantastic! You could make a video clip, it would be like walking round! especially if it was in black and white, a strobe light (lightening)and sound effects too! if you know what i mean. :roll:

Xofer
Zombie

Post by Xofer » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:16 am

/jawdrop
Linus: "Never jump into a pile of leaves with a wet sucker."

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:34 pm

I want to live in your model village!!! :cry:

It's coming along to beautifully - I'm so excited to see it when it's all lit up :)

Scavenegrhaunt
Zombie

Post by Scavenegrhaunt » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:07 am

did not do to much tonight. i added some more ground work and also detailed this little ledge. I built this mini animal skeleton for what i feel is a nice added touch to this empty cliff.

tomorrow i will have alot more pics to add

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 am

NOW that's just plain AWESOME! :shock: Stupendous Job! :D
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.