My outside decorations...dial-up beware

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
EvilMel
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

My outside decorations...dial-up beware

Post by EvilMel » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:39 am

Ready for some pictures of my decorations? Keep in mind this is the first year I have really been able to get any outdoor decorations (used to rent a tiny house with no storage).

House outside:

I love Grossferatu (he rocks!) plus the grass is longer now so you can't see the bottom of him.

Some pumpkins I carved (RIP one is fake):

Here's my black cat (she's rubber but my cats hate her and so does the dog two houses down):

Door Greeter (his motion detector sucks, you basically have to run into him):

Wreath I put together (my brother basically trashed it, so it used to look very nice and neat, but now in the picture you can see some of it is hanging off and some of the sticks are totally falling out):

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:49 pm

I love all of those pictures!!!!!! You have the cutest house!!

I cant wait till my yard looks like that one day!

glamourme
Ghost

wherever did you find those eyeballs for the wreath?

Post by glamourme » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:11 pm

Hey, EvilMe, you did an outstanding job for your first time out with your own home! I've been looking for those gushy eyeballs to make my own twig wreath, a la Martha Stewart, since she made those last year. Where did you find them?

thislazylife
Haunt Master

Post by thislazylife » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:14 pm

I like the "Bat's Motel" sign, it's totally psycho.
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:41 pm

Thanks Mandy! We love the house too. We just bought it in May, so it is our first Halloween in a neighborhood that has kids. When we were looking at houses I got really excited about this neighborhood because of all the kids. I kept saying "look! look! Trick-or-Treaters!!!!" The realtor thought I was nuts (since it was like April and May).

Glam: Eyeballs...eyeballs...dang I can't remember where I got them. I got them last year and then never made a wreath out of them. But I saved them so I could this year...OH wait. I remember...Party City maybe. I think that might be where I got them. I need to go check and see if there are more. My current wreath is pretty trashed. hah hah.

ThisLazyLife: I love that Bat's Motel sign too!! It's really cool. I got it at Michael's craft store. They had a decent number of cool lighted Halloween decorations (in addition to the Spooky Town Village that I can't live without). I think that might have been one of the first decorations I bought this year (then Grossferatu was probably second).

Thanks guys!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:06 pm

EvilMel...OUTSTANDING job!!! What a great house to decorate. I just love all your decorations. The graveyard is sweet,( and I mean that in the COOL sense of the word, not that it is cutesy) and Grossferatu ROCKS! Your TOT's will be lucky to have such a cool house to come to. Happy Haunting!

William
Haunt Master

Post by William » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:58 am

WOW I MEAN WOW, why me why i have to suffer becuase i am in a country were all think that Halloween is a comercial holliday andbecause that they don't celebrating it, great job EvilMel, really great job
Halloween is coming,be sure to be dead until then, if not all hallows eve will take care

Bafa
Crypt Keeper

Post by Bafa » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:22 am

The wreath is my favorite, but the whole yard/house is very well done and not "over" done. Great job.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:46 pm

I'm so excited that the grim reaper will go so well with your other decorations! you must post pictures when you are finished!

MildredHubble
Ghost

Post by MildredHubble » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:30 pm

Sweet! I think it looks perfect! I love that you put the cats upstairs... it balances everything perfectly from top to bottom. Great Job!!

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:40 am

Thanks guys! It was totally fun...I'm out of money for decorations...but it was really fun. hah hah.

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:01 am

Not only are your decorations fab-tastic but you also have a beautiful house!!! I wish I had a house like that, I don't think they even exist here in Brighton! :shock:

My goodness, when I finish University and get a good job and can afford to move into a house like that, Halloween will be the thing that bankrupts me! :oops:

Beautiful, beautiful work - I especially love the lights and the tombstones.

I giggled about the rubber cat as I know what you mean; we have a furry black cat sat on top of the TV in the main party room at my mum's house, and our cat just will not stop trying to attack it! :lol:

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:43 pm

Actually in the south of the U.S. (and some other places too) you can find some really decent houses for not that expensive. It will be hard for us to leave here because the housing cost is so low. We want to go to Seattle and it's like double or triple the cost for a house there, but our income would only go up by like 20% (maybe).

I don't care what anyone says about the south...it definitely has its advantages.

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:55 am

Mel, both your house and decorations are fabulous! I absolutely love the window silhouettes, where did you get those? I am so glad you have a wonderful place of your own to decorate this year, you did an excellent job.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:59 am

HI, those silhouettes are called Scene Setters. They are specifically made for windows (this kind of scene setter is).

You can get them all over the place..Party City is where I got mine. They have tons of kinds online too though.

They are seriously cheap too. I think I paid about $3.50 total for the two of them in one package.

Thanks for all the compliments on the house guys!