Hello from MO

Let us know about you!

Hello from MO

Postby artistreelights on Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:04 pm

I like Christmas and Halloween but my boyfriend is nuts over them. He loves to decorate and scare the kids trick or treating (all in good fun). Sooo...long story short I caught the fervor, now I don't know whose nuttier me or him. I started a web site http://www.halloween-christmas-crafts-etc.com to share some of the ideas on how to make outdoor decorations and then started scanning the forums. Lots of "nutty" company; actually I call it "heart" on my web site. People that decorate for Christmas and then share the decorations inside or out, have heart.

Another part of the story...I couldn't stand to put the blow up stuff or the little blow molds in our yard because I do a lot of artistry type stuff so commercial stuff...well you know I like the original hand made work. So I started down the road to make all my outdoor decorations. We get a lot of drive by's and hopefully this year we will be opening the inside of the "Old School" for visitors (45,000 sq. ft. building). The first floor is traditional and the second floor in Winter Wonder land, it has been a lot of work but great fun. We plan to do the third floor into Santa's Workshop and if we start getting some traffic in years to come we want to open up the gym for booths...people selling their own custom brand of handmade Christmas. My goal is to have all the 23+ trees (inside) with hand made decorations.

If you decorate outside, send me some pictures and if you want I'll put you on the "drive-by" list. I love to drive by yard decorations. Don't you?

If you like to make stuff..take a look at the site and recently I did a video on How to Make Christmas Icicles. Looking forward to all the xmas chat.
:P
artistreelights

Re: Hello from MO

Postby ANGELPUGS on Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:00 am

Hello it's nice to meet someone else here,sounds nice what your doing,as i put animated and blowups outside my home and decorate with lights as i'm very much christmas.Hope to hear more on what your doing as between doing christmas and my pug rescue i'm always busy doing something as i cut my own fresh greens from the pine trees and do alot of my own decor as i just got more red bows and next i'll be collecting pinecones from our woods as well. :)
ANGELPUGS

Re: Hello from MO

Postby artistreelights on Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:20 pm

You have some great sites you post :P I enjoy reading your stuff. Rescue just pugs or all dogs? I love dogs, my mutt is sleeping next to me now. Did you ever see the Fetchdog catalog?...lots of neat stuff for dogs I think they have an affiliate site as well. The catalog is owned by Merle Streep and her husband. Do you have a web or just surf a lot?
artistreelights

Return to Introduce Yourself!