Hello From ChristmasFanatic!

Let us know about you!

Hello From ChristmasFanatic!

Postby ChristmasFanatic on Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:38 pm

Hello! I'm a huge Christmas fanatic, as I'm sure most of you are. :D I can't recall a time I haven't loved the Christmas season and I think that love grows a bit more, each year. I love to collect vintage Christmas decorations/ornaments, especially from the 40s-60s.
Ahhh....I love this Christmasy time of year!
ChristmasFanatic

Re: Hello From ChristmasFanatic!

Postby Chris on Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:36 am

Hi,
Welcome, glad to see you!

What kinds of Christmas ornaments? I like the old glass ones my grandparents had in particular. The history behind them is really cool also!

ChristmasFanatic wrote:Hello! I'm a huge Christmas fanatic, as I'm sure most of you are. :D I can't recall a time I haven't loved the Christmas season and I think that love grows a bit more, each year. I love to collect vintage Christmas decorations/ornaments, especially from the 40s-60s.
Chris

Postby ChristmasFanatic on Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:40 pm

Thanks very much for the welcome. I love most anything from that time period, anything I ever saw on a family member's tree or friends, I'd love to have them all. :D
ChristmasFanatic

Postby Chris on Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:38 am

I've picked up some wood ornaments and some nice metal ones (silver and some just regular metal) and hopefully my kids will be enjoying them years from now too.

ChristmasFanatic wrote:Thanks very much for the welcome. I love most anything from that time period, anything I ever saw on a family member's tree or friends, I'd love to have them all. :D
Chris

Postby ChristmasFanatic on Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:11 pm

Chris wrote:I've picked up some wood ornaments and some nice metal ones (silver and some just regular metal) and hopefully my kids will be enjoying them years from now too.

That's neat. I remember when I was a kid, couldn't have been more than four, my Aunt and Uncle had an aluminum tree with the color disc that rotated near the tree....I thought that was the coolest thing! I really do cherish ornaments from when I was a kid, although, not many remain, I'm afraid.
ChristmasFanatic

Postby Chris on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:31 am

My neighbor had a bright silver aluminum tree. We had the regular green. She was 40-45+ years older than my parents and when i was about 10 she had to go into a nursing home and gave the tree to me. We kept it at the top of the landing at the stairs for 5-7 years...it was very dated (probably she'd had it from the 1940s or 1950s, but while it didn't go with any of our other decorations, it was fun and a treat to have!

ChristmasFanatic wrote:
Chris wrote:I've picked up some wood ornaments and some nice metal ones (silver and some just regular metal) and hopefully my kids will be enjoying them years from now too.

That's neat. I remember when I was a kid, couldn't have been more than four, my Aunt and Uncle had an aluminum tree with the color disc that rotated near the tree....I thought that was the coolest thing! I really do cherish ornaments from when I was a kid, although, not many remain, I'm afraid.
Chris

Return to Introduce Yourself!