Hi from chester!!!!!

Let us know about you!

Hi from chester!!!!!

Postby theirishmangeoff on Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:56 pm

Hi to all, and to all hello!

I an a big fan off Christmas and all things Claus, I am a big kid who hasn't grown up. I have a Christmas comic strip on my blogsite: http://geoffmalcomson.blogspot.com/ where if you go to last November and December you will see my countdown to Christmas.

I am working on a short flash animation on the countdown to Christmas comic strips and am just wondering if people would be interested in this idea. If so leave feedback with me on this forum and also on my blogsite. Tell your friends and maybe with enough backing I could get this show on telly.

Bye for now and nice to be with you!! Also tell me where you all come from so I know who Im talking to!

Cheers,

Geoff
theirishmangeoff

Re: Hi from chester!!!!!

Postby Chris on Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:02 am

Hi Geoff,
I think that sounds like fun. Can you tell us more about what you had in mind?

Chris

theirishmangeoff wrote:Hi to all, and to all hello!

I an a big fan off Christmas and all things Claus, I am a big kid who hasn't grown up. I have a Christmas comic strip on my blogsite: http://geoffmalcomson.blogspot.com/ where if you go to last November and December you will see my countdown to Christmas.

I am working on a short flash animation on the countdown to Christmas comic strips and am just wondering if people would be interested in this idea. If so leave feedback with me on this forum and also on my blogsite. Tell your friends and maybe with enough backing I could get this show on telly.

Bye for now and nice to be with you!! Also tell me where you all come from so I know who Im talking to!

Cheers,

Geoff
Chris

Postby theirishmangeoff on Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:29 pm

Well what I want is to bring Christmas back to tv. I don't know about in America but tv at Christmas just isnt what it used to be. So what I want to do is some short animations to be played during advert breaks. They are short jokes and scenes with Santa, Rudy and others. If you get the chance to have a quick peak at my blogsite at the december blog days you can see the comic book version. The characters have changed slightly, I think for the better.

What I want is to see if people like the idea, I just think it would be a great idea for the run up to Christmas having a countdown on national tv for people to enoy. Its just finding out the right people to get it onto tv.

Cheers,

Geoff
theirishmangeoff

Postby Chris on Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:38 pm

I think that anything that increases the Christmas spirit and is not completely commercial is a good idea. Whether TV networks will agree is a completely different story...

theirishmangeoff wrote:Well what I want is to bring Christmas back to tv. I don't know about in America but tv at Christmas just isnt what it used to be. So what I want to do is some short animations to be played during advert breaks. They are short jokes and scenes with Santa, Rudy and others. If you get the chance to have a quick peak at my blogsite at the december blog days you can see the comic book version. The characters have changed slightly, I think for the better.

What I want is to see if people like the idea, I just think it would be a great idea for the run up to Christmas having a countdown on national tv for people to enoy. Its just finding out the right people to get it onto tv.

Cheers,

Geoff
Chris

Postby Chris on Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:40 am

I think it is a good idea, but the question is whether networks would buy into doing it. You might have to get an audience on-line first and then sell it to TV unless you have a good contact at a network, are a great salesman, or do something so great it sells itself (hopefully the later!).

theirishmangeoff wrote:Well what I want is to bring Christmas back to tv. I don't know about in America but tv at Christmas just isnt what it used to be. So what I want to do is some short animations to be played during advert breaks. They are short jokes and scenes with Santa, Rudy and others. If you get the chance to have a quick peak at my blogsite at the december blog days you can see the comic book version. The characters have changed slightly, I think for the better.

Cheers,

Geoff
Chris

Postby theirishmangeoff on Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:10 pm

Hi Chris,

I think its a great idea but I also think that I may have to put it onto the web first of all. I have a few contacts but as you say, its hard to get onto tv.

Thankyou for contacting me and taking an interest in my work, hopefully I will get a pilot short up and running for you and all the rest of the gang to tell me what you all think and to tell your friends.

Cheers,

Geoff
theirishmangeoff

Return to Introduce Yourself!