Name, Avatar and Serial Number...

Let us know about you!

Name, Avatar and Serial Number...

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:40 am

What
Ol' Black Pete

Postby Santa Baby on Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:27 am

well lets see first my name over on Halloween.com is

Spookyboo I decided on that name because its a name I give everything that has a spooky genre.... for instance If I bought a new Halloween decoration I would say I bought another

Spookyboo! Or a scary movie....ie... I am going to watch a Spookyboo. Silly I know but its just something that has stuck over the years and my husband thinks its cute. Which brings me to my Avatar. I wanted something Halloween but also a little flirty and <deleted> so my husband suggested a Gil Elvgren pinup. I love the 40's and so my witch Avatar was born.

On Santaclaus.com I am known as Santa Baby. I happen to love that song preferably sung by Eartha Kitt. Its also a bit sassy so It was perfect. I figured one Elvgren pinup suited me well and two would be even better so I searched for a Christmas pinup!

I have toyed with the idea after awhile of changing my Avatars but I will not do so

because of my Friend OEJ, OPB he loves my Avatar and is a fan of Elvgren. So my friend never worry for my Avatars will remain as they are In Perpetuity
I've been an awful good girl,

Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight.
Santa Baby

Postby SWC on Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:55 am

Santa Baby, I think your name/avatar/sig combo is totally <deleted>, I love it! And I never realized you were spookyboo :oops: Hi!

I have entirely too many forum names to tell about. I breed tropical show and endangered wild fish so mine are mostly fish related. :oops:

As for SWC, most know that I'm Stranger with Candy on Halloween.com .I chose that name because it worked on a couple levels, one being the obvious but another reason is because I love the show Strangers with Candy. I love,love, love Stephen Colbert and Amy Sedaris and I had been using that as my myspace name at the time.
In these little bric-a-brac, a secretis waiting to be cracked

These dolls and toys confuse me so, confound it all, I love it though.
SWC

Postby Silver Belle on Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:20 am

Man, Pete, you and Holly have come up with some great new ideas for this forum in the past couple of days, good job!! :D

Well, I've only belonged to two forums, Halloween.com (joined in August of this year), and Santaclaus.com (joined in November). The Halloween site is my love, and I've had to rip myself away from it to get some things done this weekend...gotta do that with this one too, but it's hard to go cold turkey. :wink: (I just love my friends!) So, anyway...in Halloween land I am Laurie Strode, and this is my avatar:

I picked Laurie because the Halloween movies are among my very favorites in my horror movie collection and because I greatly admire the character and the way she handles herself in those terrible situations. She's resourceful, crafty, and keeps her head on straight enough to survive, unlike many ditzy female roles of the genre who believe that simply screaming and holding their hands over their faces (after falling over a twig on the ground :roll: ) will make the boogeyman go away. UGGGHHH. So frustrating.

But I think of myself as being a lot like Laurie in real life. Wherever I go, I am wary, watchful, scanning my surroundings...my keys are always positioned between my fingers to stab in the eyeballs of any attacker who might jump at me from amongst parked cars. In the houses I clean, I know the weapons I can make of available objects in every room. Now, I'm not overly paranoid mind you, just prepared. Maybe I've seen too many scary movies and Unsolved Mysteries, or maybe I've lost nearly all trust in the goodness of strangers...I also know guys can be too overly assertive at times, and I definitely watch too much of the news!!

On to Santaclaus.com...here, I am Silver Belle, because 'Silver Bells' is one of my favorite classic Christmas tunes (along with Pete :wink: ), and because I am from Georgia, and in several ways a 'southern belle', hence the reason I spelled my name, 'Belle.' I have a pretty strong accent (without sounding like a hick or Scarlett O'Hara...I hope :lol: ), I like to be soft and <deleted>, I like to keep up appearances for my man, I try always to remember my manners and, as they say, 'southern hospitality', but I'm also very passionate, and sometimes too opinionated. :lol:... I chose my avatar because I think she looks so pretty there, dressed in silver, enjoying the wintry snow, looking reflective, and I don't know...she just...draws me in. :D
'In the air there's a feeling of Christmas...'
Silver Belle

Postby kallie0509 on Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:50 am

Silver Belle wrote:Wherever I go, I am wary, watchful, scanning my surroundings...my keys are always positioned between my fingers to stab in the eyeballs of any attacker who might jump at me from amongst parked cars.

i do the same thing! :lol:
kallie0509

Postby Holly Cl'Oz on Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:19 am

Internet handles............oh dear. Not many. Most of the Oz/Judy Garland forums on except for one cuz some other slob took my name, I'm Rainbowgirl. Original, I know. No avatars or siggys. On the Oz yahoo group I'm in I am galegarland as in Dorothy Gale, Judy Garland. One of my email addresses though is lionsntigersnshar instead of Lions & Tigers & Bears and my name is Sharon. OBP came up with that gem. On Halloween.com I'm Succub'Oz or I was anyway. Took me forever to come up with that. And I have the most awesome banner there showing the Wicked Witches of the West from the original book, the MGM movie, Wicked the musical and the new Sci Fi movie TinMan (that I really hope doesn't suck) (Darn it!!! Thinking back I should have totally put Miss Piggy as the Witch too. The Muppets Wizard of Oz was so-so but I love my Miss Piggy) Combined the Halloween Oz thing and same thing here with Holly Cl'Oz. I loved the book The Legend of Holly Claus, I've probably read it four times in the couple of years I've had it and again have to show my Oz pride, woot! The banner/siggy here is made up of the animals from the Holly Claus book because I heart them! And that's all I have to say about that

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christm'oz
Holly Cl'Oz

Postby Holly Cl'Oz on Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:22 am

SO, THERE IT IS

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christm'oz
Holly Cl'Oz

Postby Catzilla on Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:24 pm

Hmm...don't have time to get long & drawn out, but I will do my best. :P

CATZILLA...the name comes from being a Carolina Panther's fan & my style of play....at 44 I feel 24 when I am playing contact ball.

I'm a VERY rough individual, train right & eat right....happy all the time & love the holidays.

Do what I want, when I want, how I want...I don't ask I just do....believe it or not I am HAPPILY married because I have a wife that understands my passions. :D

I don't have a pet cat...my name is strictly based on my ''get knocked down get back up again attitude''....just as GODZILLA does.

I'm still VERY lovable. :lol:

Catzilla

Postby Wenceslaus on Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:46 am

I was born on St. Stephen's Eve, as in that Christmas carol that begins:

Good King Wenceslas looked out on the feast of Stephen,

When the snow lay round about, deep and crisp and even;

Brightly shone the moon that night, tho' the frost was cruel,

When a poor man came in sight gath'ring winter fuel.

St. Wenceslaus was a 10th century duke of Bohemia. My avatar depicts him and his page delivering firewood and food to the poor man. Not having much drawing talent, I just got the avatar from Google Images. Looks like it came off an old Christmas card.

I suppose I could have called myself St. Stephen, but I'm no saint. Hence, Wence.
Wenceslaus

Return to Introduce Yourself!