HI

Let us know about you!

HI

Postby geneva on Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:19 pm

Hi, I am new to this site. I have always loved the Fall Holiday Season. I am trying to get into the Holiday Season early. The Season always goes by so fast. I am hoping to gain ideas about Holiday party planning, shows, events anything to gett into the spirit.
geneva

Postby GreenElf on Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:10 am

Welcome Geneva, I am pretty new myself. I have been feeling a bit Christmasy lately and started posting a bit. I am sure this place will pick up in November & December. I love Christmas but my favorite is Halloween and I am getting prety excited about the upcoming couple of weeks. I am already thinking about this upcoming Holiday season and am getting my plans in order as to gatherings/parties and stuff. Cheers!
GreenElf

Postby xwintermagic on Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:24 pm

hello Geneva, I'm Natty and yes, I'm also pretty new to this site. Christmas is my favorite holiday ever and I can't wait for it to come. Welcome!
-- wintermagic
xwintermagic

Postby BlkAsH on Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:49 am

Hi Geneva. New here too - I like you enjoy Fall and Halloween the best but also like some of the winter weather (don't like cold and damp all that much because of the arthritis but I do love the snow - which I seem to never get anymore here in TN) and the holidays.
BlkAsH

Postby EvilMel on Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:06 pm

No kidding...we seem to get practically no snow at all anymore.
EvilMel

Postby GreenElf on Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:11 pm

Well we get a fair amount of the white stuff here in NS Canada...not yet though however the day before Halloween we did get some hail off and on all day long...
GreenElf

Postby Dudley on Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:14 pm

Hi, I'm new around these here parts myself, folowing ol' Green Elf up there over from the Halloween board...nice to meet everyone..we just started to get the snow flurries about two mintues ago, after a dusting last week that covered the car here in Ontario Canada..might be able to take the bike into work tonight, don't know how many more times I'll be able to do THAT..

Got about everyone picked out for Christmas shopping, and should be DONE by the end of the month..I like the holidays to be PEACEFUL; running around in a mall the day before watching old women clobber one another for the last juicer aint my idea of fun...
Run run Rudolph, Santa's got to make it on time..
Dudley

Postby GreenElf on Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:26 am

LOL, yeah it is fun to watch the people panic the last couple of days before Christmas. Last minute shopping for people and they have the most terror filled look on their faces when they are rushing up and down the crowded isle snapping at their spouse or children and their cheeks are flushed with red hot emotions. If you have never took a good couple of hours during the season to catch these "strange Christmas scavengers" in the middle of their hunt at the peak time try to grab a quick hot choclate and take a seat (if you can find space) on the bench in the shopping mall hallway to observe and giggle to yourself at the way people act....Oh you gotta love this time of year...

For myself though I have about 60% of my shopping done. I am hoping to have it all down by the end of November. I did organize to get my childrens Xmas pictures taken though on Oct 28th because the place we get them done is a great deal but takes about 3-4 weeks to arrive so they should land in my hands just in time for me to put them in the Christmas cards I send out....
It's a beaut Clark, it's a beaut!
GreenElf

Postby Dudley on Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:39 am

Love that line on your postings from National Lampoon, G.E.

Friend of mine had the dream job. Went to Japan for a year or two and taught Japanese folks who ALREADY knew English how to speak Canadian..so when they came here, they would know what 'maple syrup' and 'poogie' meant, and wouldn't go up to a motorcycle gang member and slap him on the back and point to his cycle and say:'Cool pig..'

Anyway, he's walking with me through the mall a DAY before the big event, and he's doing a Perry Como at SeaWorld special stroll. And he tells me it's 'nice to be back to a quiet Canadian Christmas'.

So I take his head between my hands say;"This is total chaos. The old women are hitting one another for that last tie..the child over there is almost ready to be killed by it's older sister..this is a blood sport. Tell me what it compares to in Japan."

And with a Dean Martin look of total inner peace, he blinked lanquidly and said:"This would be Sunday afternoon. Nothing to do, and nowhere to do it in.."

And I let his face go and said;"Oh..."

And ever since then, when folks tell me they GET A RUSH doing this, I think back to this cat that used to plop down on the highway in this small town out side of the city. It would lay on the yellow line in the summer because the pavement would be warm in the morning, and WATCH as folks would swerve to avoid hitting it. Did this for a decade, the owner tells me. Is still alive.

But isn't there an EASIER way to get thrills???
Run run Rudolph, Santa's got to make it on time..
Dudley

Postby santa claus lapland on Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:45 am

We've already got about 10 cms of snow here and the temperatures have already fallen below -25C, although at the moment it's a MUCH warmer -6.2C!
santa claus lapland

Postby GreenElf on Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:48 am

Wow, thats sounds pretty cold. I know it can get pretty cold in Canada too during certian time of the year.... Do you usually get lots of snow there before Christmas?
GreenElf

Postby santa claus lapland on Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:12 am

Actually the first snowfall is getting later and later each year - this one was an exception. BUT we ALWAYS have a white Christmas here - ALWAYS!!!
santa claus lapland

Postby GreenElf on Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:28 am

Cool, I found a link to Rovaniemi to check out the snow fall. do you know where this is??

http://www.rovaniemi.fi/moduls/360/rovakatu.asp?sek=10
GreenElf

Postby santa claus lapland on Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:58 am

That's the high street called "Rovakatu" about 5 miles (8 km) south of the Santa Claus Village and Arctic Circle! Well spotted!!!
santa claus lapland

Postby GreenElf on Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:05 pm

Cool!
GreenElf

Return to Introduce Yourself!