Thanksgiving Decorating?

Let us know about you!

Thanksgiving Decorating?

Postby ClausPresents on Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:02 pm

Do you decorate your home for Thanksgiving too?
ClausPresents

Postby Christmas Knight on Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:18 pm

I do some minor decorating. I have a light up turkey that I put on my front step and I have various pilgrim, Indian and turkey candles I display in the dining room. This year, I'm going to buy one of those large paper Turkey decorations for the front window. You know the ones you used to see when I was a kid the last 70's. That is if I can find one.
Christmas Knight

Postby Holy_Night on Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:20 pm

My family an I do, yes. :roll: a big tradition
O holy night! The stars are brightly shining,

It is the night of the dear Saviour's birth.

Long lay the world in sin and error pining.

Till He appeared and the Spirit felt its worth...
Holy_Night

Postby toy lady on Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:47 pm

We don't do alot of decorating but we do a lot of cooking, cookies, pies ect..... & that is our tradition, me & the girls, gotta love it!!!! Toy Lady
toy lady

Postby Catzilla on Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:29 am

We roll a small portion of Thanksgiving into the Christmas decor, then take it down right after Turkey Day. :)
Catzilla

Postby EvilMel on Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:25 am

I actually have never decorated for Thanksgiving, BUT I usually have my Christmas decorations up by then...and if not UP...then out and ready to go.

I always want to get my tree the week or so before Thanksgiving...but it just never works out well, and I usually end up getting it the weekend after Thanksgiving like everyone else.
EvilMel

Postby ClausPresents on Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:46 pm

toy lady wrote:We don't do alot of decorating but we do a lot of cooking, cookies, pies ect..... & that is our tradition, me & the girls, gotta love it!!!! Toy Lady

You do decorate....your decorations are just edible. haha. Those are the best kind of decorations!
ClausPresents

Postby Catzilla on Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:17 pm

Welcome CP ! :P
Catzilla

Postby LawP on Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:28 pm

My house looked like an abandoned building once I took my Halloween down so I've been collecting a bit of Thanksgiving decor just to fill in the gaps. Once I set up the extension cords outside and inside for Halloween I just keep them in place for Christmas lights so no going back to everyday decor until after the holidays. The thrift stores are a great resource for inexpensive stuff so I've got a bit of a collection going on. :roll: Just what I need...more decorating tubs to store. Snowmen collection goes up this weekend and I'm sure my children will consider ringing up the state hospital - they have it on speed dial from my Halloween festivities all year long anyway. :shock:
LawP

Thanksgiving Decorating

Postby Santa Baby on Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:37 pm

I have some pumpkin things that I leave up after Halloween and just a few token items that actually scream Thanksgiving Its good though because I then gear up for Christmas and after all the Halloween decorating I just did I need a wee bit of a break!!
Santa Baby

Postby Holly Cl'Oz on Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:34 pm

I wish. The only thing that really gets decorated is the kitchen. I have turkey salt and pepper shakers, candleholders, and burner covers. I have a tablecloth and some paper pilgrims. I'd love to really go all out and maybe get some Thanksgiving Jim Shore pieces.

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christm'oz
Holly Cl'Oz

Re: Thanksgiving Decorating?

Postby ChristmasPenguin on Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:39 pm

just some indian corn on the door, then obviously my kitchen.....not really, though.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...:)
ChristmasPenguin

Re: Thanksgiving Decorating?

Postby technohive on Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:00 pm

We usually just leave our Christmas decorations from September to first week of January and we just add some stuff before Christmas but after that we just leave it to that.
technohive

Return to Introduce Yourself!