Christmas Cooking May Through August

Let us know about you!

Christmas Cooking May Through August

Postby Big Steve on Mon May 07, 2007 8:47 pm

Hi All :D,

The countdown draws even closer to the big day!!!!

We are decorating beginning the first week in September because of two family wedding in early December. These weddings are busier than usual.

Yahooo!!!!!

Hey is anyone doing anything early?

Because of the weddings and summer vacations we are doing a Christmas sampler in August with alot of the interior trappings and cooking. We use a One Million Recipe CD for our cooking ideas at Christmas and all the holidays, and there are enough recipies here for a lifetime of Christmas cooking. Here is the link where I got it.

http://www.shop.com/op/sprod-0-p1134484 ... pies-nover

Merry,

Big Steve
Big Steve

Postby Catzilla on Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:13 am

Hi Big Steve...I'm not much for cooking, but I sure do love to chow down ! We start early with the decor too !

Who wants to decorate for only a few weeks...ya gotta enjoy the season ? :P
Catzilla

Postby Big Steve on Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:08 pm

Hi,

I agree. Isn't it great to just kick back after work in early November and looking up just take it all in? I mean just looking at all the nice things up already makes the whole house feel warm as never before. Then to say wow we did it early and the work is over now its time to enjoy.

Hey here's a real easy thing to do with artichoke hearts. Even I (and I'm no cook) can do this one. Ever tried pan fried artichoke hearts? Get three or four cans of the five (in each count) cans, drain the can and take out the five or so artichokes, cut off the hard outer leaf, cut them horizontally, insert some chopped garlic between the layers, dip'em in beaten eggs, bread them with italian flavor bread crumbs, pan fry them. These will come out so good you won't keep them around for long. And you can bread and pan fry cauliflower the same way. Just wait until you taste that!! They go good dipping them in a side some warm red spaghetti sauce or served right on the plate with some pasta, add a side of cheese and pepperoni too.

Big Steve
Big Steve

Postby MHooch on Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:10 pm

YUUUMMMMM!!!!
"Making Christmas, Making Christmas....."
MHooch

Re: Christmas Cooking May Through August

Postby ChristmasPenguin on Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:38 pm

sounds like a recipe i've been making for a while....dip some broccoli or cauliflower in a beaten egg, roll in a mixture of grated cheese (pecorino romano or paremesean work best) and seasoned bread crumbs....fry em up in some olive oil. Serve over spinach, and with a little bit of Italian dressing....yummy!
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...:)
ChristmasPenguin

Re: Christmas Cooking May Through August

Postby technohive on Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:57 pm

Wow I just love to eat and your lucky to have all the Christmas recipes and cooking all throughout the month. Well for now we are also preparing on what to cook this Christmas and am very much excited now.
technohive

Return to Introduce Yourself!