Renn Fest/Fayre?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Wicked
Crypt Keeper

Renn Fest/Fayre?

Post by Wicked » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:10 am

Anyone going to one this year?
I have never been, but in October I'm going with one of my good friends and I couldn't be more excited! We're both unhealthily obsessed with Renn/Middle Ages stuff, so it'll be so much fun!
Any tips? Where should I get a costume?
~ do you think me wicked? ~

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Haunted Horseman » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:30 am

It's been a few years since I've been at the Renn fair in Stirling Forest New York. But I do remember having a great time. Never went in custome though. Be sure to bring a good amount of cash because there will be a lot things that catch your eye there. Be sure to have a Large Turkey Leg and a flask of Mead.

I know Larissa went this year. Maybe she can give you a more current account.

Have a great time and take some pic to share with us. :D
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:18 am

I actually went to the AZ Ren faire this year (It's in Feb/March) with my sister and husband. We had a jolly good time... though, none of us dressed up.

I don't really have any tips.... just have fun and plan your schedule so you can see lots of cool shows... and take lots of cash for yummies.

Larissa
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Larissa » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:24 am

Ah, a subject that touches my heart! The Sterling Forest Ren Faire has been in existence for about 30 years, and I haven't missed a year. I've been to it twice this year already, and am thinking of going back next weekend, when it closes.

Decent food, great entertainment, lots to buy. I finally got garb this year - it makes sense, I decided, now that I'm an adult & my size won't change any more. Do plan to spend money, they tend to be expensive & have tons of good stuff. My garb (two skirts, blouse, bodice) was $217 with tax. My celtic leather checkbook cover was $32, I think. Food is pricey, and water is $2 or $3. I get some sort of souvenir every summer. This year it was the checkbook cover (I didn't count the garb, that was an investment & I'm wearing it for Halloween too). Last year I got brass hairsticks. One year I got an art glass paperweight from the glassblower. Another year, a celtic keychain. Once a celtic hair slide. Once an Irish music CD. Next year, I'm getting faerie wings for the cat & dog to wear on Halloween...
Act well your part; there all the honour lies.
~Anonymous

Wicked
Crypt Keeper

Post by Wicked » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:36 am

OH now I am three times as excited as I was! Thanks guys for all the info!!
~ do you think me wicked? ~