OT: September 11th, Lest We Forget

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

OT: September 11th, Lest We Forget

Post by Haunted Horseman » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:51 am

On this Solemn day. We should never forget the victims of 9/11/01. These people died simply for trying to live the American Dream. We must remember the evil that is extremist Islamic Terrorism and how we must never abandon the fight against it. Remember these vicitims as symbols of democracy and Freedom. God Bless them and their Families, God Bless the Troops engaged in this global war, God Bless our Allies, God Bless people everywhere who believe and are willing to die for Democracy and Gold Bless America!

Fly the Flag in rememberance.
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:53 am

Extremely well said, HH. Amen!!

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:58 am

Thanks for the thoughts HH. The footage of that day should be played non-stop on this memorial.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:26 pm

Ghost Corpse
Zombie

Post by Ghost Corpse » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:15 pm

Hard to believe its been this long, the way the past few years have been they make it feel like its happening all over again every year. I remember that day so clearly, it really affected me, it still does when I start thinking about it. No matter how many images you see, continues to not seem that it was real.

However, I'm glad this year its not all over the place constantly in your face, its being kept pretty subtle for the most part it seems compared to previous years as far as what they show. Last year it was like half the month it was non stop. It was just too much, I know it bothered me. You pay tribute and remember through such things as memorials. Its not good nor do I think its healthy for anyone to always have to process and re-live it so vividly the images, especially kids and families of victims, anyone. I dont agree in having to show the footage non stop, even on a respectable point of view for all those people who lost their lives.

Never forgetting doesnt mean you have to relive the events non stop every September as if its happening all over again, practically being smothered by it. Its been six years, of course you’ll never forget it but its time to break free from that heavy 9/11 ceiling, not necessarily moving on, but moving forward.

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:25 pm

I agree with you 100%, Ghostcorpse, and for the same reasons.
Act well your part; there all the honour lies.
~Anonymous

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:53 pm

i agree the same as well there there are many conpiracies with the whole deal. I think there was a little more going on then the islamic terriost. I am sure they did somethng. but there is still missing pieces. I dont doubt that bush knew about the tragic event. I feeling back fir the people who worked there that had nothing to do with the poilitics and didnt know what was going on.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:43 pm

AMEN!!!!
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

Catzilla
Haunt Master

Post by Catzilla » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:28 pm

NEVER FORGOTTEN :cry:

LordBaphomet
Zombie

Post by LordBaphomet » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:23 pm

why isnt this day a "holiday" yet? we have rele lame holidays that we could easily forget and yet this is still just a tragic day. for all the men, women, firefighters, volenteers, and everyone that gave their life to this country i would hope there will at least be a nation wide silent moment. i havent heard anything about a silent moment yet so if there isnt one i would suggest whoever reads this thread to please give a moment of your time to honor these brave men and women. god bless america.
"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, right?"

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:04 pm

Amen and Amen.

God Bless America.
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:05 pm

We will never forget~God Bless America!

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:06 pm

Ohh, I forgot to add a pic of this here! :oops:

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:07 pm

tantraman, this is not the time nor the place for a debate on the subject, but I must say I wholeheartedly disagree with any and all outlandish conspiracy theories. I created this threat simply because I believe these people were American Hero's and should be honored. I was across the river at the time and witnessed the whole tragedy. I have friends who lost friends. To say our government knew about it is absurd and insulting. Enough Said, I just had to get that off my chest. I apologize to anyone reading this threat, I do not wish to turn this into a political discuss.
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:08 pm

Haunt Master. Thanks for the pics, they really strike a cord.