Halloween and Horror Movies
jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:04 am

Has anyone else seen this 2007 Blockbuster yet?

1408 is based on a short story by Stephen King, which I happen to have a handy-dandy link for: 1408 by Stephen King.

I think I'd have enjoyed the movie a lot better the first time if I hadn't read the short story before I saw the movie. The story is kinda creepy... my first read brings back good memories because one of my neighbors walked by my apartment window and started to call my husband's name.

The short story revolves more around Olin and Enslin's interview and less on the room itself, building tension along the way and getting your imagination to run wild with tales about the room.

The movie took on a completely different tactic... which I personally found to be very non-scary. I thought they could have done more with the room... I really hated the "time warp" scene. I had hoped they'd focus more on the ghosts of the people who died in 1408... telling their stories and making their haunt more believeable.

Though, the movie was worth watching... it's probably not going to be one I add to my video collection. The short story, on the other hand, might find its way to my bookshelves. =)

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:00 am

I loved it also the book isnt bad as well.........well actually short story.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:51 am

I've been wondering about this one, haven't seen it yet, but I do have the story in Nightmares and Dreamscapes. I've been a HUGE King fan, but it seems like his last few novels have taken on a different style that's not as appealing....1408 was a cool read though, I'll have to check this flick out too.

I've got Lisey's Story, but haven't started it yet.

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:12 pm

I read Nightmares and Dreamscapes for a Stephen King class I took in college years ago. I remember liking the story about the abducted vampire kid and the husband's revenge for his wife stories best.

Is that the correct book?

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:05 pm

Well shoot, I call myself a huge fan, yet when I just looked in N&D, I didn't see 1408...I remember those stories you speak of too, Dr. Strange, and I'm about to locate those exact titles and find the one 1408 is in, by JOVE!!

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:48 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You go girl!