Guess where I am spending September 28?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
MichaelMyers
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Guess where I am spending September 28?

Post by MichaelMyers » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:03 pm

Ok guys...I am SOOOOOOO EXCITED! Our fifth year wedding anniversary is Sept. 28th, and we will be in Walt Disney World. Ok, I love Disney but it is even better because they are starting their Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party that weekend! It is supposed to be fabulous! They deck the park out with Halloween decorations...ghosts, jack-o-lanterns, you name it. They then pipe the music from the Haunted Mansion all over the park. (which, by the way, they are just finishing the refurbishing of the Haunted Mansion to make it better than ever) Whats even better than the decor is the opportunilty to TRICK OR TREAT! They have 16 Trick or Treat stations that you can go to. When you enter they park, you are given a treat bag. The candy they pass out is Nestles and Mars brands, so lots of good stuff! And you can have as much candy as you want! And when you leave the park, there are "top it off" stations you can go to if your candy bag is not full! They encourage the guests -adults and kids alike- to dress up for Trick-or-Treating. I have been dreaming about Trick-or-Treating since the day my parents said I was too old to go!! They have the characters in costume, and a big parade with a Headless Horseman!! There are also special Halloween fireworks and many rides are open as well. You have to buy tickets for this even (50 bucks a piece) but it sounds well worth it! My husband and I are dressing up as pirates...here is a link to my costume....its not quite as short on me lol...
http://store.playboy.com/Buccaneer+Beau ... art=0&sz=1

Has anyone gone to this party before? I would love to hear about it :) I will take lots of pics and post them when I get back!!

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:14 pm

Never experienced that but it sounds like a lot of fun. Please give us a review when you get back.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:54 pm

Hey MichaelMyers, That sounds wonderful, are you going to take pictures and post them here afterwards? :D

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:46 pm

Of course, of course....if I can figure out how to post them...I am not to computer savvy!!

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:01 pm

use photobuket that is the easiest i think.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Halloween Freek
Master Reaper

Re: Guess where I am spending September 28?

Post by Halloween Freek » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:22 am

MichaelMyers wrote:Ok guys...I am SOOOOOOO EXCITED! Our fifth year wedding anniversary is Sept. 28th, and we will be in Walt Disney World. Ok, I love Disney but it is even better because they are starting their Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party that weekend! It is supposed to be fabulous! They deck the park out with Halloween decorations...ghosts, jack-o-lanterns, you name it. They then pipe the music from the Haunted Mansion all over the park. (which, by the way, they are just finishing the refurbishing of the Haunted Mansion to make it better than ever) Whats even better than the decor is the opportunilty to TRICK OR TREAT! They have 16 Trick or Treat stations that you can go to. When you enter they park, you are given a treat bag. The candy they pass out is Nestles and Mars brands, so lots of good stuff! And you can have as much candy as you want! And when you leave the park, there are "top it off" stations you can go to if your candy bag is not full! They encourage the guests -adults and kids alike- to dress up for Trick-or-Treating. I have been dreaming about Trick-or-Treating since the day my parents said I was too old to go!! They have the characters in costume, and a big parade with a Headless Horseman!! There are also special Halloween fireworks and many rides are open as well. You have to buy tickets for this even (50 bucks a piece) but it sounds well worth it! My husband and I are dressing up as pirates...here is a link to my costume....its not quite as short on me lol...
http://store.playboy.com/Buccaneer+Beau ... art=0&sz=1

Has anyone gone to this party before? I would love to hear about it :) I will take lots of pics and post them when I get back!!
Please take pics of Everything!!!

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:55 pm

MICHEALMEYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH I am going the weekend before! Too bad we both wont be there at the same time. I am leaving sept 21st and will be staying the weekend at the polynesian. I am going to the halloween party at the MK on that Friday night.

I heard it was awesome and I am super excited. Where are you staying?
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:16 pm

You guys are so lucky, i love Disney and i bet its even better with all that Halloween decor.

Definitly take pics!

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:03 pm

MANDY--THAT IS SO AWESOME THAT YOU ARE GOING TO!! I am so bummed that we are not going to be there at the same time, I would love to meet up with a fellow Halloween.com friend! I am so excited about tha Halloween party that I cannot stand it. Are you guys dressing up??
We are staying at the Contemporary...very close to Magic Kingdom. I kind of bummed that Spaceship Earth (at Epcot) and Aerosmith Rockin' Rollercoaster (at MGM) will be closed for for refurbishing...but the most important ride that is being refurbished will be open when we are there....The Haunted Mansion, of course!! We will have to have a joint thread where we can post our pictures!!

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:30 pm

absolutly!!!!!!! Oh I you forgot to mention the tower of terror - it is one of my favorites as well. I know I am going to dress up but have not decided as what yet. I want to be able to wear something I can still be comfortable in. That would have been awesome being there at the same time
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:27 pm

Happy Anniversary, Michael Myers (and hubby)!! Have an absolutely AWESOME time, and we'll walk yuo through posting pics. If I can do it, you can do it. Have fun!!!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:52 pm

Have fun, Michael!! :D Better leave the cache of weapons at the house, this time. :lol:

Winnie Sanderson
Master Reaper

Post by Winnie Sanderson » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:06 pm

MM you have to promise one thing......you will have enough FUN for all of us!!!!

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:24 pm

Thanks for all the well wishes!! I love this board! I will make sure to take lots of pics and have fun for everyone! :)

Ghost Corpse
Zombie

Post by Ghost Corpse » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:11 pm

Ffffirst post! :wink:

You'll have an awesome time. I'm on my way to Disney too, we'll begin our drive down a month from today. Should be a nice time of year to drive down there. I'm already having trouble sleeping I think haha, I can't wait, also because I've never been during a holiday before. It was between Halloween and Xmas and I wanted to do Halloween the most for what they had going on. A little different and more unique experience. I'm going to MNSSHP on October 11th.

I've already started my costume and might just head to Wal-Mart tonight to get some finishing touches. I’m going as a corpse, somewhat like the ones that they have in the parade. It will be me and mom going, I'm gonna make her a black and white Annette Funicello (Mickey Mouse Club) costume. I'll just need to get the last finishing touch, the Mickey Mouse ears cap down there.

The excitement is so built up, I'm desperate already lol, I can't wait anymore!!!! Thankfully the Haunted Mansion will be back and in NEW business by that time along with some other things. I'm fine with the 2 rides that wont be open at that time, wasn't a big fan of those anyway. I'm in full Holiday swing now 8)