Decorating

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
jenawade
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 9

Decorating

Post by jenawade » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:26 pm

Last year (I think, or maybe the year before) I saw pictures of someone's hard work decorating inside their home where they had first removed all of their own personal decorations and knickknacks and pictures, and, starting from a clean slate, decorated their home so that it looked like the inside of some spooky mansion.

Does anyone know where I can find pictures like that? It had never before crossed my mind to remove my own stuff first and then decorate -- I have all cutesy stuff right now anyway -- and I told hubby I would like to start working toward 'that kind' of decorating. He wants to see the pictures I saw and I can't find them now, I apparently didn't bookmark them, and darn if I know how I got to them in the first place.

Anyone?
Jen
-----------------------
“Nightmares are usually rather daft things and it’s very hard to explain to a listener what was so dreadful about your socks coming alive or giant carrots jumping out of the hedgerows.”

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:45 am

I believe Ghostes did that in her home. But I think you have to go to her website then view her photos.
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:54 am

jenawade, Hello it's nice to meet you. Like Mandy0221 mentioned, ghostess did that in her home so you may want to check out her interior pictures. If you stay in this "Decorating" site and scroll down until you find the thread called "the Dead End" that's ghostess's site, and just click on the link for her indoor decor, it's so amazing! Hope thats what you were looking for, good luck and let us know if that was it. :D

jenawade
Ghost

Post by jenawade » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:52 pm

Awesome! That's not the same one, the other was more along the lines of say, The Haunted Mansion, or like you were in the home of the Adams Family, so it didn't have the skeletons and all the heavy spider webs... the 'halloweenie' type stuff. But I'm still showing hubby the pics of the awesome work that Ghostess does to get the juices flowing!

Thanks everyone!
Jen
-----------------------
“Nightmares are usually rather daft things and it’s very hard to explain to a listener what was so dreadful about your socks coming alive or giant carrots jumping out of the hedgerows.”

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:14 pm

jenawade,

look up posts by "spooky", she goes all out with decor, and does a really good job.

LOVE your avatar, so CUTE!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

jenawade
Ghost

Post by jenawade » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:21 pm

Thank you...on both counts! :D
Jen
-----------------------