How long have you been doing haunted houses or yard haunts?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
deadbride
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 9

How long have you been doing haunted houses or yard haunts?

Post by deadbride » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:56 am

I've been married almost 20 years and I've been doing them all that time. Although my hubby has only recently begun to really get involved and started participating. He'll buy me anything I want, he just doesn't want to dress up. Plus I used to do my parents house before we got married. Even when we lived out in the middle of nowhere I would always find something to amuse myself on Halloween. Nothing destructive, I would decorate something. I was always full of spirit. Mom always said I was born in the wrong time. :oops: Since I'm a seamstress I've been sewing costumes for over 25 years as well. Every year they get better. :oops:
I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up.
I'm not weird, just normal challenged.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:28 am

As long as I can remember, as far back as I can remember, I always used to do it.

Back when I was fairly small and wasn't in a position to buy decorations, I grabbed some paper and drew werewolves and vampires and things and taped them to the windows to scare the trick-or-treaters! I wish I had some of that stuff but it was thrown away years ago.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:59 pm

I've been doing all haunt stuffs for my yard since 5 years, but I bought everything about 6 years ago... still buying some more for every year.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:25 pm

I know when I was growing up my mom would decorate for Halloween as my B-day is the day before so my parties always had the theme of Halloween. She still decorates a little with the same old things as she had when we were young so it is pretty cool. When I moved out at the age of 18, I decorated like crazy ever since. :twisted:
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:34 pm

Sounds very interesting, Pennywise!!

So, just curious... Please excuse me for asking you about your age. How old are you? You may tell me by posting your age here, or you may send me directly to me via PM. :?

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:04 am

Ooh deadbride, do you take commissions for costumes? If so, can I PM you about it?
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:11 am

Oh I don't mind... I am 29 and proud of it!.... 8)
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:47 pm

Pennywise11 wrote:Oh I don't mind... I am 29 and proud of it!.... 8)

Hmm... you're 29... that's very interesting young lady! BTW, I'm 31. :wink:

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:56 pm

Just wondering how old did you actually think I was?

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:00 pm

OK, at first when you posted your own photos, I thought you were 19 - 24 year old...

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:15 pm

LOL, well thank you. To be honest I don't see that when I look in the mirror but I have been asked for id going to buy a case a beer last month!!! :shock: It was funny really.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:34 pm

Really?? Everybody must ask you to see your photo id before you can buy beers!?

To tell you the truth, when I was only 18, no body ever asked me for id to buy beers and some whiskeys. That's strange... BUT - if I go to the stippers clubs, they required to see my id, so I was stuck because I was 18. That's why I didn't enter the strippers clubs till I turned 21. :shock:

deadbride
Master Reaper

Post by deadbride » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:12 am

I will gladly do costumes for anyone. Just send me the necessary info.
LittleDollClaudia wrote:
Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:04 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooh deadbride, do you take commissions for costumes? If so, can I PM you about it?
PM me if you want. I have trouble figuring out how to do all this stuff. :oops: the little quote things and such and messages. But I can sew stuff and wire up stuff. but coding this stuff just drives me buggy. :lol:

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:49 pm

Yeah what is the legal limit to drink or buy boozes in the US? It is 19 years old for Nova Scotia and you have to be 18 to vote. I think that the limit may be different in some other provinces in Canada though...no sure...

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:27 pm

PW,

Some alcohol liquors and beverages law are weird... Good thing I live here in Norfolk, VA - Everything goes good, but when my friend and I visited to see my elder aunt there in Asheboro, NC... Jeez... dumb law... You can't buy any alcohol drinks in the city of Asheboro unless you are in different city, you may buy it! Why not in Asheboro?? I found out that my aunt once told me it was illegal for more than 80 years because there were many Christians who against the alcohol drinks. :roll: