The Haunted History of Halloween

Discussion of general Halloween topics
tomanderson
Halloween Master

The Haunted History of Halloween

Post by tomanderson » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:41 am

I just ordered this recently, and it hasn't arrived yet...so I can't really review it at the moment. Most of the reviews on Amazon seemed lukewarm or negative, but I figured I would have to see it for myself. But what a title! Is that an atmospheric title, or what??

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:25 am

If that's the show they play on the history channel every year I think you'll like it. Of course, as a Halloween fan I doubt it will tell you anything you don't already know. :lol:

If you go to the History Channel website they usually have clips from that sow to play, you might want to check it out.

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Haunted Horseman » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:10 pm

I saw that on the history channel. Very cool. Takes you from the origins in ancient times up the present. I'd love to see the HC do a series on Halloween, maybe tell about the various traditions in regions of the country and around the world.

JACKRYAN592
Haunt Master

Post by JACKRYAN592 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:08 am

I REALLY LIKE THIS SHOW

brimac35
Zombie

Post by brimac35 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:10 pm

If it is the one from the History Channel , then I'm sure you'll enjoy it . I did , I recorded it on DVD and watch it all the time .
Thursdays , I never could really get the hang of Thursdays .

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:46 pm

Tom,
Where did you order this DVD? The HistoryChannel on line or Amazon? I'd like to pick one up myself.
Thanks

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:00 pm

Actually, I got it on Ebay. It's going for around fifteen dollars used, pricing around may save you a couple of dollars.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:01 am

Well, this arrived a few days ago and I really liked it! A little on the pricey side for a 45 minute documentary but I guess copies are rare or something?

Very educational and rather serious and scholarly in tone overall, but it does use Bobby Pickett's "Monster Mash" as its opening theme music, and there's some nice bits of historical footage of Halloween parties from maybe the 1940's onward. I would like to have seen more footage but I seriously think they used just about whatever they could find.

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master

Post by halloweenqueen » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:56 pm

what a coincidence...i had this queued up on netflix and it arrived today!!! I can't wait to watch it!!! I'll give yall my two-cents after I watch it this weekend!!!