Games for your party

Discussion of general Halloween topics
spookyboo
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Games for your party

Post by spookyboo » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:19 pm

I came up with a cool way to give out a prize last year and I just thought I would share it with all my friends here.

With each invitation I sent a small old fashioned key, I ordered some from the internet and Michaels had a bag of keys. It doesn't matter where you get them just make sure each key end is different, the skeleton keys are best. I sent the keys saying to bring their key to the party and see if your key fits the Haunted mansion door. I had made a life sized fake door, then I pressed one of the keys into some clay and baked it when it was done I put in place as the key hole. Only one of the keys will fit the pattern in the clay. I then sent the keys randomly tying a nice black ribbon to each one. Everyone brought their keys and got a kick out of trying to see if their key matched the door. There was a prize for the winner and I collected the keys. I am going to do this every year since it went over so well.
Wild Winds thou shalt blow
carry away my saddened soul
tis the time of Judgement

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:57 am

WOW! That took some thought. Great idea, thanks.

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:24 pm

Wow...that did take thought and alot of work...but is an awesome idea, I am also majorly impressed by it. Great idea.

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:33 pm

That is such a fantastic idea!!!

When you made the "lock" with the clay, did you use the kind of clay that you bake in the oven or stuff that just dries when exposed to the air? I'd love to give this a go but I have a horrible feeling I'll bodge it up and nobody's keys will fit!! :lol:

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:45 am

AWESOME!!!!

I'm very impressed.
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus