Not sure if it was a nightmare....

For all your spooky, ghosty, haunted and otherwise Halloween-y television show discussions!
LawP
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Not sure if it was a nightmare....

Post by LawP » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:46 pm

When I was a lot younger :shock: I remember watching a movie on T.V. called "The Screaming Woman". I can't recall much detail but I seem to remember it was about a woman who was buried alive. My mom (aka partner in Halloween crime) insists we never watched such a movie but I can't believe I'm imagining it. I think it was in black and white. If any of you can shed some light on this I would sincerely appreciate it. :D
Don't drink and fly...

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:01 am

I couldn't find anything on 'The Screaming Woman' as a movie but, the story you gave AND the tilte, for that matter, sounds familiar. Do you think it was in a theater when you saw it or perhaps was in on T.V.? Maybe it was a 'Twilight Zone' or a 'Night Gallery' or something like that.

In the early 90's there was a movie called 'The Forgotten One' with Terry OQuinn and Kristy McNichol. That was about a woman who had been buried alive by her huisband, then he enclosed her make-shift coffin behind a brick wall in the basement of this house that our unwitting stars discover after buying the house years later.
Don't know about you guys but, this movie REEEEEALLY creeped me out. A must see, if you ask me... The bad thing is that it has yet, to be released on DVD. :?

I know what you mean, though, LawP. I was that way about the original '13 Ghosts'. THAT scared the livin <deleted> out of me. I saw it on TV... or at least I thought I had, cus no one had ever heard of it.... That's until VHS revolutionised the world. Then of course they made this stupid remake of it.

In the end, perhaps your memory of 'The Screaming Woman' might just be scarier than if you were to find and watch it again. Good Luck! :)

deadbride
Master Reaper

Post by deadbride » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:14 am

http://www.johnwilliams.org/composition ... woman.html

I found this. Hope it helps. I found that a lot of the things that I remember being in black and white were actually in color. I asked the doctor about it one time and he said it has to do with the brain being able to retain only so much memory. :roll:
I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up.
I'm not weird, just normal challenged.

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:58 am

Thank you deadbride! I remember really being creeped out by this movie. I may have to watch it as a grown up and see if it has the same effect.
Don't drink and fly...

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:22 pm

deadbride how awesome you found that! I remember things I watched when I was little that scared me to death and now as im older they seem so silly.
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"