Do you shop your local Thrift Stores?

Chat about your costumes
NATUREPIXIE
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

Do you shop your local Thrift Stores?

Post by NATUREPIXIE » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:58 am

I shop my local Thrifts Stores to try to find bargains. I look for wardrobe attire for my props and different items that I might could use in my haunt.

I went yesterday, which was half price day and I got this amazing suit (jacket and pants) for only $3.49... Now who can beat a deal like that?

Now my cemetery grounds keeper will be looking pretty spiffy.. :wink:

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:38 am

NP, I absolutely love thrift stores! I plan to go thrift shopping this weekend to look for some unique glass bottles for my witch's kitchen. I'm amazed at what you can find in those places. :shock:
Don't drink and fly...

NATUREPIXIE
Crypt Keeper

Post by NATUREPIXIE » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:53 am

Hey LawP,

I went to a flea markert about a month or so ago.. I got several decanters and bottles in various shapes for a $1 a piece. I'll try and get a pic for you...

NATUREPIXIE
Crypt Keeper

Post by NATUREPIXIE » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:06 am

Here's the pic of the decanters and bottles...

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k295/ ... 8_3851.jpg

I love going to flea markets and thrift stores, you just can't beat the deals..

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:26 am

Those are awesome bottles, NP! So far I have an old canning jar, orange warped bottle from the dollar store, and a vinegar bottle with a cork. I think I'll have to go to some antique stores for the type of bottles you have. Serious envy here. :x What will you be using them for?
Don't drink and fly...

NATUREPIXIE
Crypt Keeper

Post by NATUREPIXIE » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:58 am

My 2007 Haunt Theme is a Witch Coven....so they will be used for spell and potion bottles.

If you drink wine or knows someone who does, those will alo make great spell or potions bottles. They come in variety of shapes and colors. I also have a few of those. :D

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:32 pm

I love wine. Except I usually keep it on hand in one of those boxes with the spigot! :D My husband's grandpa makes chokecherry wine :? and I may have a few of his bottles in the garage. Good idea. :wink:
Don't drink and fly...

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:55 am

NATUREPIXIE:

Those bottles/decanters would be perfect for the "potions classroom' for my Harry Potter themed Halloween party!! Very good purchases. I LOVE thrift store, and cruise them intermittently all year looking for prop parts, clothing and such. They are gold mines sometimes, aren't they?
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

NATUREPIXIE
Crypt Keeper

Post by NATUREPIXIE » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:45 am

Thrift stores are great! But we can't over look thoses yard sales and flea markets...LOL :D

I got a wonderful black trunk at a yard sale for $5 that I used for a prop last Halloween, I'll be using it again this year...

I put one of those bumble balls inside the tunk to make it sound like someting was in it trying to get out. It worked great!!

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:57 pm

Naturepixie - what a great buy (a black trunk) I dont make it out to thrift stores a whole lot because the ones around me are kind of trashy. I love yardsales though. And my favorite time of year for a yardsale is in the fall.

I am pretty sure I spend more money in the fall then any other time of the year.
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:32 pm

I've been there to Thrift store before, but never bought anything there... So far, some of my friends did stealing something from Thrift! :lol:

Slightlymad
Master Reaper

Post by Slightlymad » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:51 pm

Have not been there this year uet but will be going soon. I have first pick of a hotels lost and found and usually get enough.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:44 pm

Hell yes! I frequent several thrift stores in my town, there are many, and if you really want to find cool stuff you have to go to them often as there are so many people who do the same thing here. I just love finding antique items for my home decor & other stuff as well. You can really get some good deals and wicked stuff :D :wink: And you wouldn't believe the awesome Halloween stuff you can find, just think, you're giving these sweeties a loving home :wink: